Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

combofix for W7 64

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 RandallFS

RandallFS

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:43 PM

Posted 05 March 2012 - 12:07 AM

I am trying to run combofix on a client's computer (its in really bad shape) Combofix says it only runs on XP and windows 2000. Since I have the latest version available, I am assuming that there is a command line or something that it now requires in order to run properly. I have used combofix many times in the past when a machine is too badly infected to be easily disinfected by other anti-virus and antimalware software.

Are you not going to let other professionals use combofix any more? I do know the warnings and I do not hold combofix responsible for any damages and I know how to interpret the logs and most of all, I know when to stop and ask for help. Is there a remedy for me and my clients? No offense but if I tell a client he has to wait 3 days to get his computer back and resume business, I don't get the job.

Thanks guys...

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 35,117 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:43 PM

Posted 05 March 2012 - 12:26 AM

Either you don't have the latest version or you missed some information. Please read here: ComboFix usage, Questions, Help? - Look here

Bullet Item #2 is what you may be interested in. However it might be a good thing if you reviewed the whole topic as a refresher.

You're aware of the warnings, however not everyone may have the experience you do. We have the warnings so that others less experienced don't potentially damage their machines and wonder why we didn't warn them.

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users