Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

REPARTITIONING HARD DRIVE

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 shamrock838

shamrock838

• Members
  • 37 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:12 PM

Posted 04 March 2012 - 10:01 PM

Repartitioning Hard Drive:

I am looking for repartitioning software to reallocate available free disk space from Drive D to Drive C on my Dell desktop computer.

About three years ago, I acquired a Dell Vostro 420 Tower desktop running on the Microsoft Vista 32 Operating System. I'm still using my original drive configuration but I've recently began to run low on my Drive © free space now a mere 876 MB) - while I still have ample Drive (D) free space - 189 GB.

In a previous computer life, I resorted to commercially available repartitioning software to balance out my hard drive usage. This worked out fine.

I'm at this stage again and am seeking a reliable and versatile repartitioning program. Shopping online, I've seen mention of the Avanquest Partition Commander 10 and Partition Commander 11 programs. How do these compare with other available programs?

Indeed, can anyone out there come forward with general advice about repartitioning my drive setup for more optimum performance, etc? Thanks,

Shamrock838

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Wildabeast

Wildabeast

Bleeping Lurker...

• Members
  • 1,253 posts
  •  

Posted 05 March 2012 - 07:28 AM

Have you tried EaseUS partition manager? It's a free program, I've used it and it works good. I can't really give any advice on setting up your HD for optimal performance, what I have done with smaller drives is eliminate the partition so there is only one drive. It, like anything else done with partitions, is a risk. ALWAYS back up before you do anything, just in case.. :blink:
"The nine most feared words in the english language, 'I'm from the government, and I'm here to help'..."
Ronald Reagan

#3 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,384 posts
  •  

Posted 05 March 2012 - 11:28 AM

+1 for Easeus...it's what I use.

Whatever you decide upon...please take the time to read instructions/documentation before using.

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users