Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Norton Problems And Web Browser Problems

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Heath

Heath

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:05 PM

Posted 17 February 2006 - 05:52 PM

Hello,
I've run spybot, ad-aware, panda and norton (that was bought two days ago and installed(updated))..and I have a few problems. I got rid of a TON of spyware/virus' a few days ago and I thought all was clear but last night, Norton gives me the message that I am not protected because I have to renew my suscription and that I only had 364 days left! Then it shows 1 problem reported..but never seems to be able to fix it. (it just runs and runs and runs.....) When I run spybot and ad-aware SE nothing shows up..even the Norton scan shows no infections...also..maybe unrelated..but my web browser is acting up (I've set it to blank) and keeps taking me places I don't want to go..what gives? I am also getting wierd emails now..something is awry..I've taken it about as far as I can go ...but I'm not able to figure it out on my own.. :thumbsup:
Anything out there that can hijack Norton? that just sounds too wierd. :flowers: Somebody out there is messing with me..can u help?
Thanks.
Heather

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,428 posts
  •  

Posted 17 February 2006 - 09:03 PM

hello Heath, welcome to Bleeping Computer. I believe you have a browser hijack and would recommend you carefully follow these instructions.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/34773/preparation-guide-for-use-before-using-malware-removal-tools-and-requesting-help/
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#3 Heath

Heath
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 17 February 2006 - 11:39 PM

Thanks..I will again..I did all these steps two days ago --but stopped before step 9 (create HiJack log)...so I'll do them all again..and finish the job..thought I didn't need to create the log as everything seemed fine after all the other steps taken.. :thumbsup:
I'll get on it...& Let you know...
Thanks!
Heather

#4 jgweed

jgweed

• Members
  • 28,473 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:05 PM

Posted 18 February 2006 - 12:39 AM

You were correct to follow the initial steps, since these most likely got rid of a lot of malware on your computer. The volunteer team review of the HJT log will help you get rid of any pesky survivors.
Regards,
John
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users