Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Redirect, Isecurity,bypass MSE Malbytes and Anti Spyware without a notice

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
7 replies to this topic

#1 skyguynca

skyguynca

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:05 PM

Posted 04 March 2012 - 05:32 PM

I am using Super Anti Spyware, Malebytes Anti-Malware and Microsoft Security Essentials.

Today on my system, it was on but not being used, fulltime internet connection. All three programs running. I came in to go to bed and this Trojan/virus had halted all three security programs and was displaying something calling itself Internet Protection Software.

It had not only stopped all three programs but had also blocked all three from being started and had opened false security warnings and asked to be installed and to let it remove the infected files.

I opened Mozillia and IE7, which now has a redirector virus so I can only go to what ever websites this Trojan/virus allows, but never to the web address I put it.

I managed to get its processes stopped using killer.exe. I started all three security programs Super Anti Spyware, Malebytes Anti-Malware and Microsoft Security Essentials and ran complete scans with each.

All three report my system to be clean but if I leave it alone a while then the internet security bogus programs starts again, killing all three security programs and the web browsers still will not go to any web address I put in.

Malware Malbytes has been modified so no matter what I do it says it has the newest updates which it shows 1.3 kb in size and I have never seen a virus definition that small on their updates in 5 years. Plus all they say is run CC cleaner, combofix, dds and gemer and send them the log files. Needless to say I was stupid and paid these guys for their software and it is the main reason for the intrusion and they have not offered any support what so ever. The log from Malbytes shows the trojan changed all the exception files to "allow" what ever virus or trojan is being inserted.

Anti Spyware has not gotten back to me since Friday, they said run this link to a program which sent them a file after scanning my system, they said it was just a false positive....well they are wrong on that one.

Microsoft Security Essentials just collects data, MS wants money to just talk to me, CROOKS all of them. They probably wrote the trojans that are tearing my system up

Anyway found isecurity.exe and window protection exe that was reoccuring after each boot and writting new files. I have unhidden all my files already, followed the instructions for cases you have already responded too.

However I am still having redirection in both IE and Mozzilla but they are random to like yellow pages and such but never to where I want to go.

I need help, my 1 year olds photos and videos are all on this drive and I can't loose them. In 20+ years I have never had a virus or trojan do this much damage, and it did it so fast locking up the system while no one was around to turn it off.

HELP PLEASE!!!!

Attached Files

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 fireman4it

fireman4it

Bleepin' Fireman

• Malware Response Team
  • 13,512 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:05 PM

Posted 04 March 2012 - 10:49 PM

Hello,

Please do the following.

Please download the TDSS Rootkit Removing Tool (TDSSKiller.exe) and save it to your Desktop. <-Important!!!
  • Double-click on TDSSKiller.exe to run the tool for known TDSS variants.
    Vista/Windows 7 users right-click and select Run As Administrator.
  • If TDSSKiller does not run, try renaming it.
  • To do this, right-click on TDSSKiller.exe, select Rename and give it a random name with the .com file extension (i.e. 123abc.com). If you do not see the file extension, please refer to How to change the file extension.
  • Click the Start Scan button.
  • Do not use the computer during the scan
  • If the scan completes with nothing found, click Close to exit.
  • If malicious objects are found, they will show in the Scan results - Select action for found objects and offer three options.
  • Ensure Cure (default) is selected, then click Continue > Reboot now to finish the cleaning process.
    Note: If Cure is not an option, Skip instead, do not choose Delete unless instructed.
  • A log file named TDSSKiller_version_date_time_log.txt (i.e. TDSSKiller.2.4.0.0_27.07.2010_09.o7.26_log.txt) will be created and saved to the root directory (usually Local Disk C:).
  • Copy and paste the contents of that file in your next reply.

Install Recovery Console and Run ComboFix

This tool is not a toy. If used the wrong way you could trash your computer. Please use only under direction of a Helper. If you decide to do so anyway, please do not blame me or ComboFix.

Download Combofix from any of the links below, and save it to your desktop.

Link 1
Link 2
  • Close/disable all anti-virus and anti-malware programs so they do not interfere with the running of ComboFix. Refer to this page if you are not sure how.
  • Close any open windows, including this one.
  • Double click on ComboFix.exe & follow the prompts.
  • As part of it's process, ComboFix will check to see if the Microsoft Windows Recovery Console is installed. With malware infections being as they are today, it's strongly recommended to have this pre-installed on your machine before doing any malware removal. It will allow you to boot up into a special recovery/repair mode that will allow us to more easily help you should your computer have a problem after an attempted removal of malware.
  • If you did not have it installed, you will see the prompt below. Choose YES.
  • Posted Image
  • Follow the prompts to allow ComboFix to download and install the Microsoft Windows Recovery Console, and when prompted, agree to the End-User License Agreement to install the Microsoft Windows Recovery Console.
**Please note: If the Microsoft Windows Recovery Console is already installed, ComboFix will continue it's malware removal procedures.

Note:The Windows Recovery Console will allow you to boot up into a special recovery (repair) mode. This allows us to more easily help you
should your computer have a problem after an attempted removal of malware. It is a simple procedure that will only take a few moments of your time.

• Once the Microsoft Windows Recovery Console is installed using ComboFix, you should see the following message:

Posted Image
  • Click on Yes, to continue scanning for malware.
  • When finished, it will produce a report for you. Please post the contents of the log (C:\ComboFix.txt).
Leave your computer alone while ComboFix is running.
ComboFix will restart your computer if malware is found; allow it to do so.

Note: Please Do NOT mouseclick combofix's window while its running because it may cause it to stall.

Please download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware and save it to your desktop.
  • Important!! When you save the mbam-setup file, rename it to something random (such as 123abc.exe) before beginning the download.
Malwarebytes may "make changes to your registry" as part of its disinfection routine. If using other security programs that detect registry changes (ie Spybot's Teatimer), they may interfere or alert you. Temporarily disable such programs or permit them to allow the changes.

• Make sure you are connected to the Internet and double-click on the renamed file to install the application.
    For instructions with screenshots, please refer to this Guide.
  • When the installation begins, follow the prompts and do not make any changes to default settings.
  • Malwarebytes will automatically start and you will be asked to update the program before performing a scan.
  • If an update is found, the program will automatically update itself. Press the OK button and continue.
  • If you encounter any problems while downloading the definition updates, manually download them from here and just double-click on mbam-rules.exe to install.
  • Under the Scanner tab, make sure the "Perform Quick Scan" option is selected.
  • Click on the Scan button.
  • When finished, a message box will say "The scan completed successfully. Click 'Show Results' to display all objects found".
  • Click OK to close the message box, then click the Show Results button to see a list of any malware that was found.
  • Make sure that everything is checked and then click Remove Selected.
  • When removal is completed, a log report will open in Notepad.
  • The log is automatically saved and can be viewed by clicking the Logs tab.
  • Copy and paste the contents of that report in your next reply. Be sure to post the complete log to include the top portion which shows the database version and your operating system.
  • Exit Malwarebytes when done.
Note: If Malwarebytes encounters a file that is difficult to remove, you will be asked to reboot your computer so it can proceed with the disinfection process. If asked to restart the computer, please do so immediately. Failure to reboot normally will prevent Malwarebytes from removing all the malware.

Things to include in your next reply::
TDSSKiller log
Combofix.txt
MBAM log
How is your machine running now?

" Extinguishing Malware from the world"

The Virus, Trojan, Spyware, and Malware Removal forum is very busy. If I'm helping you and I've not posted back within 24 hrs., send a PM with your topic link. Thank you.

ALL OTHER HELP REQUESTS VIA THE PM SYSTEM WILL BE IGNORED. The Forums are there for a reason!
Thanks-

userbar_eis_500.gif

If I have helped you, consider making a donation to help me continue the fight against Malware! Just click btn_donate_LG.gif

#3 skyguynca

skyguynca
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 05 March 2012 - 02:39 AM

Ok, MBAM still says no trojan or spyware, I can not run TDSSkiller no matter what I do. and it is still as messed up as before

#4 fireman4it

fireman4it

Bleepin' Fireman

• Malware Response Team
  • 13,512 posts
  •  

Posted 05 March 2012 - 07:01 PM

Hello,

Go ahead and run Combofix and posts it log.

The Virus, Trojan, Spyware, and Malware Removal forum is very busy. If I'm helping you and I've not posted back within 24 hrs., send a PM with your topic link. Thank you.

ALL OTHER HELP REQUESTS VIA THE PM SYSTEM WILL BE IGNORED. The Forums are there for a reason!
Thanks-

userbar_eis_500.gif

If I have helped you, consider making a donation to help me continue the fight against Malware! Just click btn_donate_LG.gif

#5 skyguynca

skyguynca
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 05 March 2012 - 07:43 PM

Both anti spyware and malware are asking to run tdsskiller too, but it will not run.
the combo fix was in the first post.
this is one nasty bug and it has damaged the some boot files and windows startup files quite a few times now. I find that once I repair windows or the boot files I only have about 8 reboots before it destroys, deletes or comprimises them to where I can not reboot without repair or reloading of these files.
I am going to pull the hard drive and install a new one and restore from my backup of last week. I need my system up and can not afford anymore time with this.
Thanks Anyway

#6 fireman4it

fireman4it

Bleepin' Fireman

• Malware Response Team
  • 13,512 posts
  •  

Posted 05 March 2012 - 10:49 PM

Both anti spyware and malware are asking to run tdsskiller too, but it will not run.

What do you mean by this? Have you posted at other sites asking for help?

the combo fix was in the first post.

Yes, I saw it but I want you to run it again. The owner of Combofix is a member here and he constantly is updating the tool. Please delete the copy you have and download a new copy.

Thanks-

userbar_eis_500.gif

#7 skyguynca

skyguynca
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 05 March 2012 - 10:59 PM

No, all the advice I have seen from all the maleware sites say to run TDSSkiller but it would not run. I have removed that drive and installed a new one and restored my back up from the 21st Feb on it. Ran AVG, Malbytes, and Super Anti Spyware, all say the drive is clean. CCleaner and AVG tune up to clean up the registry. Seems to be back to normal.

Wish I had more time to work it out and find out what demon is causing all the problems because it is sure beating all the software I have tried to pause it, to kill it or to remove it.

Thanks

#8 fireman4it

fireman4it

Bleepin' Fireman

• Malware Response Team
  • 13,512 posts
  •  

Posted 05 March 2012 - 11:19 PM

It appears that this issue is resolved, therefore I am closing the topic. If that is not the case and you need or wish to continue with this topic, please send me or any Moderator a Personal Message (PM) that you would like this topic re-opened.

Thanks-

userbar_eis_500.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users