Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

iTunes play stuck at 0:00

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 TaylorWilliams

TaylorWilliams

• Members
  • 19 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:56 PM

Posted 04 March 2012 - 04:59 PM

Hello, ever since I installed the Windows 8 beta I noticed that iTunes has been a bit funky. I can play a song or an album straight no problem. but if I pause it and close the window, open it back up that play is stuck. And I found out the only way it starts back up is if I start playing a song on another media player, like Foobar 2000. It's almost as if iTunes is now dependent on other media players. What is wrong?

Edited by hamluis, 05 March 2012 - 11:31 AM.
Moved from All Other to Audio & Video.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Lord Venom

Lord Venom

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:56 PM

Posted 09 March 2012 - 05:23 PM

Yep, I've noticed this issue too. I've tried a few things like re-registering the iTunes COM but it still happens randomly. I find if it 'locks up' (lock up being it doesn't play the song - stuck at 0:00) like this, I can open a similar file in a media player like Media Player Classic and the song starts instantly playing. Is iTunes your default media player for various media extensions? Other than this post, I've not seen anything else about this. You also might wanna consider posting about this issue on Apple's support forums in the iTunes section. They might have an idea too. I've also been pondering if this might be an issue with the mixer on Windows 8 as well, but I'm starting to think it's something else if other media players can 'unlock iTunes'.

Also it's worth noting that when the 'lock up' happens, I notice iTunes' resources spike. I'm going to use Process Hacker to see if I can see what's happening, exactly.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users