Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Lingering affects of a virus

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
7 replies to this topic

#1 lilisophie

lilisophie

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:52 PM

Posted 04 March 2012 - 05:15 AM

Hello,
A couple of weeks ago my laptop was infected by some pretty nasty viruses. I managed to remove them using malwarebytes anti-malware and spybot search and destroy. Now these two say there are no threats detected. However my computer now seems to be unable to connect to the internet. The status of my wireless network says the IPv4 connectivity has "no internet access" and the IPv6 connectivity has "no network access". The status also shows signals are being sent but not recieved, leading me to belive their a still lingering affects from the viruses.
I also have spyware terminator on my computer and wish to remove it, but am getting the message: 'C:\Program Files\Spyware Terminator\unins000.dat does not exist. Cannot uninstall' when I try to remove it from the control panel.
I tried to reinstate my windows firewall, however I get this message when I clik on the Use recommended settings button: "Windows Firewall can't change some of your settings. Error code 0x80070424"
Also, I was able to run dds, however for some reason it didn't output a log file on the desktop (I ran it from the desktop. If I do a search for the logs still nothing).
I'm attaching the ark log.
I'm not too sure what's going on, any help would be much appreciated.

Attached Files

• Attached File  ark.txt   87.96KB   8 downloads

Edited by lilisophie, 04 March 2012 - 05:16 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Blind Faith

Blind Faith

• Malware Response Team
  • 4,101 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:52 AM

Posted 07 March 2012 - 01:49 PM

Hello and welcome to BleepingComputer! :)

I am Blind Faith and I will be helping you out with your problem. Firstly, you should know that we are working with specific tools which are destined to idetifying the possible threats present on your system so I will analyze the results they produce.

As a start we need to have some more up-to-date logs than the ones you have already provided. The current state of the files on your system might have changed so we need to get a clear look on that step. DO NOT bring any changes to the system except the ones I tell you to as that may produce more damage than helping us.

If you will encounter a delay of over 2 days from me, please don't hesitate and private message me.
Do not forget to check your topic periodically and subscribe to the topic so that you can receive notifications regarding my replies.

Please generate another DDS log (download it from here if you haven't already) and post it in your next reply along with other changes that may have occured since you last posted.
Also download and run GMER from this link: GMER download link.

Thank you very much for your patience.

Regards,

Elle
Can you hear it?It's all around!

Tomar ki manè acchè?
Yadi thakè, tahalè
Ki kshama kartè paro
?

If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please feel free to send me a PM.

Posted Image

#3 lilisophie

lilisophie
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 10 March 2012 - 11:22 AM

Hi Blind Faith,
Firstly, thankyou for your reply, however unfornutely I have encountered the same problem again. I have been able to download and run the dds but after i do a message comes up saying that two files a dds and attatch file have been created. The problem is however that these files do not appear on my desktop or anywher else and when I tried to search for them in the "search programs and files" application I also couldn't find them. Do you suggest I go ahead and run the GMER or continue trying to get the dds files or something else. Any aqdvice you give is much aprreciated :)

#4 Blind Faith

Blind Faith

• Malware Response Team
  • 4,101 posts
  •  

Posted 10 March 2012 - 08:33 PM

Hi there :) ,

Did you save DDS.exe on your desktop or ran it directly without choosing its location?

Elle

Edited by Blind Faith, 10 March 2012 - 08:33 PM.

Tomar ki manè acchè?
Yadi thakè, tahalè
Ki kshama kartè paro
?

Posted Image

#5 lilisophie

lilisophie
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 17 March 2012 - 09:13 PM

Hi,
Firstly i apologise for taking so long to reply and to answer your question I had to first copy the DDS from this working computer to a usb and transfer it to my virus infected computer, as my infected computer will not let me connect to the internet. I then copied and pasted the DDs on my desktop and ran it from there. Thanks once again for your advice :)

#6 Blind Faith

Blind Faith

• Malware Response Team
  • 4,101 posts
  •  

Posted 20 March 2012 - 01:31 PM

Hi there,

We need to create an OTL Report
  • Please download OTL from one of the following mirrors:
  • Save it to your desktop.
  • Double click on the Posted Image icon on your desktop.
  • Click the "Scan All Users" checkbox.
  • Push the Posted Image button.
  • Two reports will open, copy and paste them in a reply here:
    • OTL.txt <-- Will be opened
    • Extra.txt <-- Will be minimized

Elle

Tomar ki manè acchè?
Yadi thakè, tahalè
Ki kshama kartè paro
?

Posted Image

#7 Blind Faith

Blind Faith

• Malware Response Team
  • 4,101 posts
  •  

Posted 26 March 2012 - 10:22 AM

Hi there,

Do you still need help? You haven't replied in 6 days.

Elle

Tomar ki manè acchè?
Yadi thakè, tahalè
Ki kshama kartè paro
?

Posted Image

#8 Elise

Elise

Bleepin' Blonde

• Malware Study Hall Admin
  • 61,065 posts
  •  

Posted 29 March 2012 - 06:09 AM

Due to the lack of feedback, this topic is now closed.In the event you still have problems, please send me or any Moderator a Private Message and ask them to reopen this topic within the next 5 days. Please include a link to your topic in the Private Message. Thank you.

regards, Elise

"Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen."

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | lockerdome

Malware analyst @ Emsisoft

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users