Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Worm Vb.cc And No Task Manager!

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 vise

vise

• Members
  • 107 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:40 AM

Posted 17 February 2006 - 05:34 PM

i have read the topic in another forum in these fourms about the vb.cc worm here http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/ind...56&#entry239156
but nothing seems to be moving up there, atm im using ewido scan and have over 390 infected files! STRANGE!
:thumbsup:
My internet seems to be slow - its ADSL 2.3mb but its not right. My programs take for ever to load up and my task manager doesnt exist ! at all!

omg this is too much for me, im simply not a technical person - well not yet:D but still i would apreciate any help offered.
a nd one more thing, i play an online game called runescape and I get a big lag - what do i do? :flowers: :trumpet:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 -David-

-David-

• Members
  • 10,603 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:40 AM

Posted 18 February 2006 - 01:47 PM

Hi There :thumbsup:

I have read your post and I think it would be wise for you to post a HijackThis log for an expert to review. Firstly let's try and restore the taskmanager.

We need to backup the registry before making changes in case it becomes corrupt during the fix we are able to complete. I like this simple approach to backing up the registry.

1. Click Start /Run and type in "regedit" (no quotes).

2. Next, click the File menu, Export

3. Select a location from the resulting box and give your backup registry a
name. Something like:

Regbackup 02-18-2006. <-- I just put todays date.

:flowers: Just a quick note: by default, Windows backs up the registry when you shut down your machine. The above is probably best used for those (like myself) who are editing registry settings, such as we are about to do!

Then open notepad and and copy and paste next bold in it:
(don't forget to copy and paste Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00)

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System]
"DisableTaskMgr"=dword:00000000

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Group Policy Objects\LocalUser\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System]
"**del.DisableTaskMgr"=" "

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\policies\system\]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon]
"DisableCAD"=dword:00000000

Save this as "fix.reg" Choose to save as *all files and place it on your desktop.

It should look like this: Posted Image

Doubleclick on it and when it asks you if you want to merge the contents to the registry, click yes/ok.

Now reboot and see if your taskmanager is back

Then I recommend you follow the HijackThis preparation guide which can be found here. It is important that you follow the guide closely. A number of scans will be run which may well fix your problem.

As the guide says, after you have completed the scans that are recommended, please post your "HijackThis" log in a new topic in the forum found here. Please add your system infomation and also what problems you are having. Please be patient, and a HJT team member will help you to clean up your system

Let me know how all goes...
David

Edited by D-Trojanator, 19 February 2006 - 01:50 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users