Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Canon MFC question

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 nkfroth

nkfroth

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:52 PM

Posted 04 March 2012 - 02:43 AM

I was recently told that when I use my Canon MP495 all-in-one for scanning in documents or making copies of those documents, a 'COPY' is saved to the printer. If this is true, I'd like to clear this 'cache' in the printer. Can the average user clear this 'cache

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Baltboy

Baltboy

Bleepin' Flame Head

• Members
  • 1,432 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:52 PM

Posted 04 March 2012 - 12:38 PM

Printer memory usually isn't use accessible. It can be erased by cycling the power since it is volatile memory. However most non-commercial products like this one rarely have any memory of note which is why it isn't even referenced in the spec for the device. It probably only has a small cache to allow the just enough data storage to keep the printer\fax\copier to run out of data.
Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please.
Mark Twain

#3 nkfroth

nkfroth
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:52 PM

Posted 05 March 2012 - 12:30 AM

Thanks for the information. What you say makes sense.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users