Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Email not Working!

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 black_icon

black_icon

• Members
  • 199 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:46 PM

Posted 02 March 2012 - 07:05 PM

I just have this problem recently. My email is still an active account. I have the correct password of it and I can log into it but the problem is that, everytime someone send me an email, I'm not receiving it. I did refresh the inbox of it but still no luck. What seems to be the problem?
He who knows not and knows not that he knows not is FOOL but he who knows not and knows that he knows not is WISE

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,026 posts
  •  

Posted 02 March 2012 - 10:19 PM

Take a look through these Not Receiving Messages.

If no joy ,also post your Operating System,Browser and Email program for better help..
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#3 black_icon

black_icon
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 199 posts
  •  

Posted 02 March 2012 - 10:48 PM

can't open the link here in my end boopme. Will find time to open it using another medium and get back to you shortly. Thanks in advance.
He who knows not and knows not that he knows not is FOOL but he who knows not and knows that he knows not is WISE

#4 Queen-Evie

Queen-Evie

Official Bleepin' G.R.I.T.S. (and proud of it)

• Staff Emeritus
  • 16,485 posts
  •  
  • Location:My own little corner of the universe (somewhere in Alabama). It's OK, they know me here
  • Local time:05:46 PM

Posted 03 March 2012 - 09:00 AM

One thing you can check is to see if email is set to forward messages to a different address.

I don't know about other email systems but my ISP has a setting in email forwarding to keep a local copy. If this is checked the mail will be in my ISP mail AND in the forward to mail. If unchecked it goes straight to the other address and does not show up in my ISP mail.

Also, have you checked the spam/junk mail folder? Not very likely that ALL messages would end up there, but still worth a look at it.

Edited by Queen-Evie, 03 March 2012 - 09:01 AM.

#5 black_icon

black_icon
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 199 posts
  •  

Posted 03 March 2012 - 04:30 PM

@ Queen-Evie,

Yes, I have checked the spam/junk mail folder as well but I didn't see any from there. I'll try to check the email forwarding thingy and let you know as well the result. Thank you!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users