I've heard that Ewido does a pretty good job of deleting MaxSearch:
Please download ewido security suite
it is a free version of the program.
- Install ewido security suite
- When installing, under "Additional Options" uncheck.
- Install background guard
- Install scan via context menu
- Launch ewido, there should be an icon on your desktop, double-click it.
- The program will now open to the main screen.
- When you run ewido for the first time, you may get a warning "Database could not be found!". Click OK. We will fix this in a moment.
Reboot into SAFE MODE
- You will need to update ewido to the latest definition files.
- On the left hand side of the main screen click update.
- Then click on Start Update.
- The update will start and a progress bar will show the updates being installed.
(the status bar at the bottom will display ("Update successful")
ewido manual updates
By pressing the F8
key right when Windows starts, usually right after you hear your computer
beep when you reboot it (some versions of windows will display 'Starting Windows' with a grey progress bar)
you will be brought to a menu where you can choose to boot into safe mode.
If it does not work on the first try, reboot and try again, as you have to be quick when you press it.
Once the you are in safe mode do the following:
- Click on scanner
- Click on Complete System Scan and the scan will begin.
- You will be prompted to clean the first infection.
- Select "Perform action on all infections", then proceed.
- Once the scan has completed, there will be a button located on the bottom of the screen named Save report
- Click Save report.
- Save the report .txt file to your desktop or a location where you can find it easily.
Close ewido security suite.
Reboot to normal mode and post the ewido log at the end!