Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

HP 8500 Printer Woes

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 jhettish

jhettish

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:28 PM

Posted 01 March 2012 - 01:40 PM

Mod Edit: Split from http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic416755.html ~ Hamluis.

I'm having the same problem with Windows 7 and the HP8500 office jet A810. I can communicate with the printer, I recently changed the IP address and the updated IP address showed up immediately in the printer properties. I'm on a KVM switch with an XP machine which has no problem communicating with the printer.

In order to install the 8500 its necessary to use the installation disk. It's not a simple matters of downloading a driver and updating. The smallest intallation media (downloadable) is something like 80meg. The biggest one is 220meg. These include ann the HP favorites like "Shopping".

I saw it suggested somewhere else that it may be a firewall problem but haven't figured that one out yet.

John (3/1/2012)

Edited by hamluis, 01 March 2012 - 02:39 PM.
PM sent new OP.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Baltboy

Baltboy

Bleepin' Flame Head

• Members
  • 1,432 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:28 PM

Posted 04 March 2012 - 12:49 PM

I need some more information. In the other post you say this printer is wired to another PC? I would assume that means you are using USB to a PC and sharing via that PC over the network? If that is the case what did you "change the IP address" of? the PC? the printer? Is the XP machine connecting over the network also? Does the installation disk say it supports windows 7 of the correct type (either 32 or 64 bit)?
Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please.
Mark Twain

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users