On restarting after selecting to run chkdsk/f, nothing changes. I keep ending up at the same place.
This is the order of events.
Windows begins to boot. Then comes up with 'windows failed to start etc' and gives two options; a) Start Windows Repair and
Start Windows Normally
If choose a) it comes up with System Recovery Options. I choose keyboard layout as US then hit next. It then asks to select an operating system to repair but there is nothing on the list. I hit next and I have the list of options;
1. Start Up Repair - checks some things but doesn't help.
2. System Restore - doesn't work as it cannot see what OS to restore.
3) Windows complete PC Restore - doesn't work as no back up disks available.
4. Windows diagnostic repair - says it will check on restart but it doesn't. and finally
5. Command prompt - only know the command CHKDSK/ this function does work.
If I choose to 'restart windows normally' I see windows 'bar' along bottom of screen, then black screen then blue screen quickly flashes with info i posted in earlier posts above.