Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Screen closes, window stays

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 sage_skier

sage_skier

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:14 AM

Posted 29 February 2012 - 08:11 PM

Hello,

So yesterday, I was on my Dell computer and when I go to click the orange X to exit or "-" to minimize the internet window, the window stopps running because the little internet tab on the bottom across that blue bar goes away but the screen display stays up and it is frozen, the computer itself isn't frozen because you can click the lower left "Start" button and open another window and it goes right to the homepage just fine. It is almost like the background desktop, without the icons and you can't left click. I didn't know what to do so I panicked and hit the "Q" and restarted it but the problem stays. It doesn't seem to run any slower or anything like that but I did notice a pop-up came up that said Adobe ShockPlayer or ShockWave or something like that that I could either "download now" or "remind me later" it looked a little phony and I just clicked remind me later. It only does this on one of the users for the initial sign in for Windows.

Thanks.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 sage_skier

sage_skier
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 29 February 2012 - 09:22 PM

bump

#3 sage_skier

sage_skier
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 29 February 2012 - 11:23 PM

I shouldn'et say screen closes because it stays frozen, and anything I oppen for that matter, the application stops running but it stays up and frozen. Oh and also, when it is doing it and I try to log-out, the box with the End Now button comes up saying something about "SysFader."

Your help is appreciated please!

#4 sage_skier

sage_skier
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 01 March 2012 - 08:26 AM

Noone wants to help??

#5 sage_skier

sage_skier