Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Problem with Malwarebytes trial

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 duffsparky

duffsparky

• Members
  • 267 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:41 PM

Posted 29 February 2012 - 07:31 PM

I recently had big problems with my PC due to malware which I cleaned out with some terrific help from this site.

I have a concern that the Malwarebytes 1.60.1.1000 trial currently installed is iffy because the trial has not expired. It appears to update OK. I've used Malwarebytes for several years and this is the first time I've come across this issue.

I'm assuming the software is genuine but the non-expiry has got me thinking.

Anyone else experienced this issue.

Cheers.

EDIT:Moved to AntiVirus, Firewall and Privacy Products and Protection Methods

Edited by boopme, 29 February 2012 - 08:03 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 51,399 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:41 PM

Posted 01 March 2012 - 08:24 AM

Several usuers have already reported this issue to the Malwarebytes Team. See this discussion thread.
Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif
Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

If I have been helpful & you'd like to consider a donation, click 38WxTfO.gif

#3 duffsparky

duffsparky
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 267 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:41 PM

Posted 01 March 2012 - 08:47 AM

OK I've read that thread.

So the trial is only a trial if you don't update the software, which of course one's not going to do???

Seems a bit daft to have a never ending trial!

Mine's stuck on 13 days remaining and has been like that for a few weeks. I was concerned that the software had been hijacked and altered to never expire and also not function properly. The non-expiry implemented to lull users into a false sense of security while all the time nasty little bugs are/were knoshing away at your data etc.

Thanks.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users