Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Configuring Updates 3 of 3 0% complete. Wont load to windows

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 kynsmama

kynsmama

• Members
  • 40 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:51 PM

Posted 29 February 2012 - 07:09 PM

My laptop with Vista Premium Edition was shutdown using the tab, that allowed for it to do updates. Apparently the updates didn't finish as it is saying 3 of 3 0% and will not reload to windows. If I turn it off, and restart, it will not load to windows. It just keeps going thru the start up process to the updating screen and then the same again. I tried loading in safe mode. No luck. I tried last good configuration, same thing. What can I do? I cannot find my vista cd. Is there anyway to get a copy of the cd with the product code? Maybe then i can just restore to a few days ago? Thanks for any advice.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 cryptodan

cryptodan

Bleepin Madman

• Members
  • 21,868 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:51 AM

Posted 29 February 2012 - 07:20 PM

Have you tried using F8 to get to the Advanced Recovery Options and run Start Up Repair?

#3 kynsmama

kynsmama
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 40 posts
  •  

Posted 29 February 2012 - 07:29 PM

When I do the f8 thing, I get,
Safe mode
safe mode with networking
safe mode with command prompt

enable boot logging
enable low resolution video
last known good configuration
directory services restore mode
debugging mode
disable automatic restart on system failure
disable driver signature enforcement

start windows normally

I dont see a start up repair??

#4 cryptodan

cryptodan

Bleepin Madman

• Members
  • 21,868 posts
  •  

Posted 29 February 2012 - 07:38 PM

Do you see these:

If Startup Repair is a preinstalled recovery option on your computer:

1.Remove all floppy disks, CDs, and DVDs from your computer, and then restart your computer.
Click the Start button Picture of Start button, click the arrow next to the Lock button Picture of Lock button, and then click Restart.
2.Do one of the following:
*If your computer has a single operating system installed, press and hold the F8 key as your computer restarts. You need to press F8 before the Windows logo appears. If the Windows logo appears, you will need to try again by waiting until the Windows logon prompt appears, and then shutting down and restarting your computer.
* If your computer has more than one operating system, use the arrow keys to highlight the operating system you want to repair, and then press and hold F8.
3.On the Advanced Boot Options screen, use the arrow keys to highlight Repair your computer, and then press ENTER. (If Repair your computer is not listed as an option, then your computer does not include Startup Repair as a preinstalled recovery option.)
4.Select a keyboard layout, and then click Next.
5. Select a user name and enter the password, and then click OK.
6. On the System Recovery Options menu, click Startup Repair. Startup Repair might prompt you to make choices as it tries to fix the problem and, if necessary, it might restart your computer as it makes repairs.

#5 kynsmama

kynsmama
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 40 posts
  •  

Posted 29 February 2012 - 07:46 PM

Nope, must not be installed. I get to the advanced boot options screen, but there is no option to repair.

#6 cryptodan

cryptodan

Bleepin Madman

• Members
  • 21,868 posts
  •  

Posted 29 February 2012 - 07:54 PM

This option: directory services restore mode should allow you to restore.

#7 kynsmama

kynsmama
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 40 posts
  •  

Posted 01 March 2012 - 03:45 PM

okay. i tried the restore mode. It went thru checking the computer. Then went to the windows vista page and said, please wait. then it went back to configuring updates 3 of 3 0%. then went black and then to the dell page, and then black again, then to a small bar scrolling across screen like its loading, that says microsoft corporation under the bar, then still wont get to windows. Goes black like it turned off, then comes up again with the windows symbol then the configuring updates stage 3 of 3 0% complete. Do not turn off your computer. It is a vicious cycle. Any other ideas??

#8 cryptodan

cryptodan

Bleepin Madman

• Members
  • 21,868 posts
  •  

Posted 02 March 2012 - 04:09 PM

I have requested that someone who deals with this kind of issues take a deep look short of that the only option is to reinstall Windows vista.

#9 Elise

Elise

Bleepin' Blonde

• Malware Study Hall Admin
  • 60,929 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:51 AM

Posted 04 March 2012 - 03:54 AM

Please see the following article for information on how to get replacement media: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/326246

regards, Elise

"Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen."

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | lockerdome

Malware analyst @ Emsisoft

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users