Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Browsing Problems

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Daisy24

Daisy24

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:49 PM

Posted 29 February 2012 - 01:49 AM

Mod Edit: Split from http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic444409.html/page__p__2615322#entry2615322 ~ Hamluis.

Hi
I'm having the same trouble with Facebook and Paypal (so far). I restarted Mozilla with add-ons disabled but still the same. Will be very happy to hear if someone can find a solution..... been two weeks now and I miss Facebook! :lol:

Edited by hamluis, 29 February 2012 - 03:55 PM.
PM sent new OP.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 NpaMA

NpaMA

• Members
  • 635 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:49 AM

Posted 01 March 2012 - 01:15 AM

Have you tried clearing your cookies and cache inside of Firefox? Does a different browser (EX: Internet Explorer, Chrome) produce the same result?

#3 Daisy24

Daisy24
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 01 March 2012 - 01:37 PM

Firefox has been uninstalled and reinstalled... I just cleared the cache as you suggested and removed cookies with no result.

I don't use Chrome, but Explorer displays the same on both my desk top and laptop.

Thanks

#4 Celena

Celena

• Banned Spammer
  • 17 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:49 AM

Posted 01 March 2012 - 11:06 PM

Try Comodo Dragon or Google Chrome and check whether the same problem is occuring again ,if it occurs let us know about it. Because it may be browser problem too ,thats why we are saying to try different browser and see.

#5 Daisy24

Daisy24
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 02 March 2012 - 01:08 AM

Hello again, thanks for the assistance.

I have one desktop and two laptops, running a combination between them of Windows XP, Windows 7 and using browsers Mozilla and Explorer. I tried accessing FB on Chrome also with no luck.

I called Bigpond tech support this afternoon and they got me to access my modem webpage (a series of numbers in the address bar), disconnect, then re-enter my username and password and reconnect. It worked!!

I don't understand it, but am very happy.

Thanks again for the replies.....I'm getting a glass of red and catching up on my Facebooking :thumbsup:

#6 frankp316

frankp316

• Members
  • 2,677 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:49 AM

Posted 02 March 2012 - 06:00 AM

Your modem needed to be reset. If this happens in the future, disconnect and then reconnect your modem and that usually works.

#7 Daisy24

Daisy24
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 02 March 2012 - 07:18 PM

hehehe, yeah, the tech guy said that too. Should have known, when in doubt, turn something off and on again. I'm not that tech-savvy, but even I can remember that I think :blink:
Thanks

#8 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,313 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:49 AM

Posted 02 March 2012 - 10:09 PM

Thanks for posting your solution Daisy. I am sure it will help others.
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users