Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Browsers Not Working

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 vixen12

vixen12

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:31 AM

Posted 29 February 2012 - 05:22 AM

Hi,
I would appreciate any help on this issue. My computer is a HP running windows vista business. when i got it initially it worked pretty well. recently when i upgraded browsers (Opera, Firefox) i cannot use those browsers to connect to the net. i download google chrome and safari and it has the same problem.

Opera says "Could not connect to remote server

Check that the address is spelled correctly, or try searching for the site."

Firefox says "Unable to connect
Firefox can't establish a connection to the server at en-gb.start3.mozilla.com.
* The site could be temporarily unavailable or too busy. Try again in a few
moments.

* If you are unable to load any pages, check your computer's network
connection.

* If your computer or network is protected by a firewall or proxy, make sure
that Firefox is permitted to access the Web."

Google chrome says "This webpage is not available
Google Chrome's connection attempt to www.google.com was rejected. The website may be down, or your network may not be properly configured.
Here are some suggestions:
Reload this webpage later.
Check your Internet connection. Restart any router, modem, or other network devices you may be using.
Add Google Chrome as a permitted program in your firewall's or antivirus software's settings. If it is already a permitted program, try deleting it from the list of permitted programs and adding it again.
If you use a proxy server, check your proxy settings or contact your network administrator to make sure the proxy server is working. If you don't believe you should be using a proxy server, adjust your proxy settings: Go to the wrench menu > Options > Under the Hood > Change proxy settings... > LAN Settings and deselect the "Use a proxy server for your LAN" checkbox.
Error 102 (net::ERR_CONNECTION_REFUSED): The server refused the connection."

Safari says "You are not connected to the Internet"

The only browser that works is IE which I dont particularly like. Can anyone help me? Thanks

Edited by boopme, 29 February 2012 - 12:58 PM.
Moved fro WebBrowsing to Am I Infected

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 vixen12

vixen12
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:31 AM

Posted 06 March 2012 - 11:23 AM

sorry to do this but i seem to have been overlooked....can anyone please help me with this issue?

#3 Broni

Broni

The Coolest BC Computer

• BC Advisor
  • 42,756 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:31 PM

Posted 06 March 2012 - 12:21 PM

Please download Farbar Service Scanner (FSS) and run it on the computer with the issue.
  • Make sure the following options are checked:
    • Internet Services
    • Windows Firewall
    • System Restore
    • Security Center/Action Center
    • Windows Update
  • Press "Scan".
  • It will create a log (FSS.txt) in the same directory the tool is run.
  • Please copy and paste the log to your reply.

My Website

My help doesn't cost a penny, but if you'd like to consider a donation, click DONATE

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users