Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows 7 Memory Error..

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 drdoom76

drdoom76

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:42 PM

Posted 28 February 2012 - 09:32 PM

Just bought a used computer yesterday. Came with 4 x 1 Gig ram memory. It's an HP Pavillion desktop with an Asus motherboard in it. The motherboard itself can handle up to 16 Gig (x4 slots at 4 gig a piece) so that's not the problem. The problem is, everything I try to boot it with anything more than one chip in (1 gig) it runs, but nothing appears on the monitor. Just acts like it's going to boot and never does. I've tried using two and four sticks both, properly placed, and same error. Anyone have a fix for this problem? - Windows 7 Ultimate Edition. 150 Gig Hard Drive. Asus M4A785-M Motherboard. AMD Phenom 2 Quad Processor.

Edited by drdoom76, 28 February 2012 - 09:33 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 drdoom76

drdoom76
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 29 February 2012 - 07:20 AM

For more information, all four sticks are the exact same. Brand and everything. All four memory chip will work in the first slot. I've even went so far as to trying to change max memory settings in MSCONFIG..

#3 drdoom76

drdoom76
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 29 February 2012 - 01:04 PM

Nevermind.. Figured it out. Tried to reset BIOS back to factory, but it didn't work. To anyone that might be having the same problem, on most motherboards, there is a little thing called a jumper. To fix this problem, I switched the jumper over (which clears the CMOS, if i'm not mistaken) and switched it back.

#4 LucheLibre

LucheLibre

• Members
  • 608 posts
  •  

Posted 29 February 2012 - 03:47 PM

For those who have big fingers or bad eyes, you can also accomplish this by taking out the CMOS battery for a few minutes. It's about the size of a U.S. nickle.

Edited by LucheLibre, 29 February 2012 - 03:48 PM.

If it looks like I know what I'm doing, there's a pretty good chance the only reason for that is because
I once asked someone to run chkdsk /r and a BC Advisor smacked me in the back of the head.

~ LL ~

#5 phpweb11

phpweb11

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:42 PM

Posted 02 March 2012 - 07:14 AM

i using windows 7 it is working properly ;)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users