Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Strange problem with Auto finalizing mini DVD's.

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 kingsweeting1

kingsweeting1

• Members
  • 19 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:21 PM

Posted 28 February 2012 - 07:52 PM

I was given a 'Canon DC210' for free by my dad, His old video recorder before he found he had no use for it anymore. It records directly to Mini DVD, which for me is fine, I have a fair few lying around, and the quality is surprisingly good.

My problem starts when trying to get the files I record on to my PC, If i am still In the porcess of using a disk, this is the most annoying thing that can happen, For a start it is juttery, and slow, (after download a Codec pack it plays fine, but the numbers in VLC are all Wrong, Such as '41 seconds out of 30'. I can access the files, and sometimes, copy them across on to my PC, but When trying to remove the disk to use again this happens ;
A small Speech bubble appears at the bottom and says 'Preparing to eject. Please wait while the session is closed so the disk can be used on other computers.'

The computer without my permission changes the CD's format from '-RW VR' to '-RW VR F'

Is there a way to stop my computer from changing the format of the disks so I may contunue using them even after dragging some footage off. I don't want to always loose the footage on the DVD's as I am forced to reformat them before they work again. Is there a way to stop windows from Auto changing the DVD's format?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users