Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

think i have a problem

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 balsaplayer

balsaplayer

• Members
  • 181 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:53 PM

Posted 28 February 2012 - 06:00 AM

hi i think i have a problem vista runs ok but sudenely there is a noise and i have no network connection and says no available networks i have restored to an earlier time and i have access to networks and internet again it will be fine for a day or so yhen the same problem recurs
i am running vista home premium with service pack 2 6002 installed aspire 1640 x86 based pc intel duo core 2gig memory please help

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Allan

Allan

• BC Advisor
  • 8,602 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:53 PM

Posted 28 February 2012 - 08:36 AM

hi i think i have a problem vista runs ok but sudenely there is a noise and i have no network connection and says no available networks i have restored to an earlier time and i have access to networks and internet again it will be fine for a day or so yhen the same problem recurs
i am running vista home premium with service pack 2 6002 installed aspire 1640 x86 based pc intel duo core 2gig memory please help

1) What is new or different since the last time everything worked properly (ie, new hw, new sw, virus, error, etc)?

2) What type of "noise" do you hear? And does it always happen or only sometimes? And does it happen when doing something specific or at random?

3) Please use punctuation in your posts. You want to make it as easy as possible for us to understand your questions and replies. Thank you.

#3 zbd

zbd

• Members
  • 390 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:53 AM

Posted 29 February 2012 - 12:21 AM

1. Download the latest network adapter driver from the manufacturer website and install it in compatible mode. If the issue persists, please temporarily disable the adapter and re-enable it again for a test.

2. Verify relevant service

a. Click "Start", go to run, type "services.msc" (without quotation marks) in the open box and press Enter.

b. Click Continue button to verify the administrator permission.

c. Right click the "Network Location Awareness" service and choose Properties.

d. On General tab click Start then set to automatic.

e. Choose Automatic next to Startup type.

f. Click OK.

#4 balsaplayer

balsaplayer
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 181 posts
  •  

Posted 29 February 2012 - 05:06 AM

hi thanks for the replies as far as i can figure the problem started about a week ago i noticed it after i downloaded some boat plans.
it appears to be very random and happens at any time the browser just stops responding and when i check there is no internet connection and when i reboot i get a message saying device being installed and a confirmation that unknown device has successfully installed.
and there is no network connections available it says the only way i ca get it back is to do a restore to earlier date then it will work fine for a day or two.
All software and drivers are checked regular and updated and scans with AVG and spybot search n destroy reveal no problems.

please help

#5 balsaplayer

balsaplayer
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 181 posts
  •  

Posted 05 March 2012 - 02:41 PM

can someone help please as the problem is still present on my pc

#6 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,874 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:53 AM

Posted 05 March 2012 - 04:45 PM

Please post the exact wording of any error messages which have appeared onscreen...be exact.

Louis

#7 balsaplayer

balsaplayer
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 181 posts
  •  

Posted 06 March 2012 - 03:40 PM

Hi Hamluis i do not get any error messages i just hear a noise from the pc the sound is like a ding and a bell mixed then nothing will load in any browser and when i check there is no internet connection.
when i restart the pc i get a message on the task bar saying new device being installed then a confirmation message of " unknown device installed successfully " but still no internet connection they only way i have found to get the internet back is to restore the pc to an earlier date this works for a while then the problem returns it happens random and on any page.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users