Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Remove Smart Protection 2012

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 AGirlinChiTown

AGirlinChiTown

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:50 AM

Posted 27 February 2012 - 10:09 PM

I am not a computer pro, but I figured this out myself finally and it worked on my PC. Thank God.
Smart Protection 2012 is really a nasty virus. I couldn't open a single program on my computer, search files, browse, nothing
and there were constant stupid fake blackmail pop ups about how I'd better install their software to get rid of the virus or else.
There's little help on the internet either because everybody's just trying to make a buck off us. So ---

* Restart computer
* While it's rebooting, Press the F8 key a bunch of times
* A black & white screen will come up. Use your up/down arrows to select "Safe Mode with Networking"
* It will start loading alot of files that fill the screen. Don't worry about it.
* Then there will be a message that says: " Are you sure you want to do this? You could go back to a restore
point instead" ( or something to that effect..)
* Click "NO" ( meaning you don't want to continue and heck yeah let's try to go back to a restore point)
* Then just follow the prompts. Very easy
* You'll be asked to Pick a date to go back to. I clicked a date (1) week ago, just to be extra sure.
* Then the computer goes through the restoration process and restarts itself eventually. Stay calm.
* At some point there will be a screen that says Administrator or User. I clicked User.
* And VOILA. I'm back online writing this advice!

My computer was completely trashed and it's fine now. I REALLY hope you have the same experience and this helps make your life easier than mine was today. It only cost me $20 bucks for time spent researching at the internet cafe rather than $125 for virus removal or $40 bucks for a darn Smart Protection 2012 special virus removal program. It should cost you alot less if you find this message under a Google search for Smart Protection 2012. Good luck

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 35,552 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:50 PM

Posted 27 February 2012 - 10:25 PM

<snip>
There's little help on the internet either because everybody's just trying to make a buck off us. So ---
<snip>

Not quite an accurate statement there, since this was available since Jan 22, 2012 for free on this site: Remove Smart Protection 2012 (Uninstall Guide)

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

#3 jburd1800

jburd1800

• Members
  • 565 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:50 AM

Posted 27 February 2012 - 10:28 PM

Am glad this worked for you. If it doesn't hold, be sure to come back and let the malware guys help you...

“May the sun bring you new energy by day, may the moon softly restore you by night, may the rain wash away your worries, may the breeze blow new strength into your being, may you walk gently thorugh the world and know it's beauty all the days of your life.”

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users