Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Ie 6.0 Script Error - Please Help

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Dingo68

Dingo68

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:36 AM

Posted 17 February 2006 - 04:45 AM

Hello all,
I am new to this community and come seeking answers to a problem thats got me stumped..........
Every time I get on the internet the following error message pops up several times during an online session.

Original error message:

An error has occurred in the script on this page

Line: 11
Char: 1
Error: Object expected
Code: 0
URL: file://C:\Documents and Settings\Aaron\Local Settings\Temp\NDr27.tmp.html

I finally deleted the named file from said directory and now the error message has changed to:

An error has occurred in the script on this page

Line: 11
Char: 1
Error: Object expected
Code: 0
URL: file://C:\Documents and Setting\Aaron\Local Settings\Temp\NDrF5.tmp.html

OH GREAT ANOTHER NEW ONE JUST POPPED UP!!!!

All the same info except for the NDr part. This time it was: NDr10E.tmp.html[u]

There are a mess of these NDr files in the Temp file and I'm half tempted to just delete them all, but I'm not tech savvy enough to know what the outcome would be.

Any help that will fix this EXTREMELY annoying issue would be extremely appreciated... Thanks a mil, in advance.....
blguay@hotmail.com

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 -David-

-David-

• Members
  • 10,603 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:36 AM

Posted 17 February 2006 - 01:37 PM

Hi there Dingo68

I thought i'd try and answer this as i was battling with a similar problem a few months ago. I'll try and talk you through how i removed it.

:inlove: Open Internet Explorer's Tools menu and select Internet Options. Click on the Security tab, and click Default Level. This level offers sufficient security without blocking Active Scripting, ActiveX controls, and Java applets. Next choose the Advanced tab and select Disable Script Debugging and deselect the Display A Notification About Every Script Error and Use Smooth Scrolling options.

:thumbsup: I then accessed the General tab and clicked Delete Files, Delete Cookies, and Clear History. This eliminates cached files that may interfere. Click OK.

After doing the above and it results it no solution to your problem you might like to try this. I found this infomation from a website.

:flowers: Right-click the Desktop, select Properties, choose the Settings tab, and reduce the size of the screen area by adjusting the Screen Resolution (Screen Area in Windows Me/98) slider one notch to the left. Plus, open the Color Quality (Colors in WinMe/98) drop-down menu and select an option with fewer colors. Click OK.

:trumpet: If all nothing works and the script errors continue you may have to consider uninstalling IE and reinstalling the latest IE version. Go to Add Or Remove Programs in the Control Panel, click Add/Remove Windows Components, deselect the IE option in the wizard, and click Next. After finishing the removal, reboot the PC and download the latest IE version from here. You might also consider downloading an alternative browser, such as Mozilla Firefox.

Hope this helps.
David

#3 Dingo68

Dingo68
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:36 AM

Posted 19 February 2006 - 03:58 PM

Hi David,

Thanks for the reply. I appreciate the help you are trying to provide.

First let me apologize for PMing you personally, I am not sure how I did this however. I only posted twice because I wasn't sure which area was appropriate.

Second, I have already done everything you suggested in numbers 1&2. I've reset my screen settings as you suggested and hopefully that will help. If not, and I do deinstall IE how would I get back to "here" to reinstall from the link you have provided.

#4 Rimmer

Rimmer

• Members
  • 2,159 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:36 PM

Posted 19 February 2006 - 10:14 PM

Right click on the here link in D-Trojanator's post and click 'Properties'. You will see the actual URL of the link in the 'Element Properties' window and you can highlight, copy and paste this into notepad. Save it with an appropriate name.

If your asking about the sequence of events then I'd say you'd want to download the installer(s) first before uninstalling your browser.

Soltek QBIC, Pentium 4 3.0GHz, 512MB RAM, 200GB SATA HDD, ATI Radeon 9600XT 256MB, Netgear 54Mb/s WAP, ridiculously expensive Satellite Broadband
Windows XP Home SP2, Trend Micro Internet Security, Firefox, Thunderbird, AdAwareSE, Spybot S&D, SpywareBlaster, A-squared Free, Ewido Security Suite.

#5 -David-

-David-

• Members
  • 10,603 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:36 AM

Posted 20 February 2006 - 12:54 PM

Thanks for adding that Rimmer - i also need to add that the link is now out of date and gets redirected. The newer link though is here. Please complete Rimmer's useful steps on that link instead :thumbsup:
David

#6 applesauce1234

applesauce1234

• Members
  • 188 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:36 AM

Posted 10 March 2006 - 01:57 PM

Hi there... I have been having the same problem as Dingo...

I have tried all of the mentioned steps, and have even installed internet explorer 7.0 BETA... still I have that same script error message that comes up... even when internet explorer is not being used (even by background programs).... what seems most odd is that even if i restore all of my internet explorer options to default, and disable error messages, I still recieve them (every five minutes or so)

The problem started after my computer was infected with SpyFalcon... using the steps on bleepingcomputer.com, i managed to rid my computer of it. However, in my pre-frustration and paranoia of all temp folders, I deleted all of the files in c:\windows\temp... which is where the script error problems are occurring... these script errors are clearly looking for these deleted files.

I have windows xp home, and use norton antivirus...

Any help would be (greatly) appreciated!

Colin

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users