Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Win7 White Screen while saving or opening files

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 kevin303

kevin303

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:32 PM

Posted 27 February 2012 - 06:14 PM

At first this issue started while using IE9 and trying to attach a file to upload to a website (ongoing for about 3 months.) But today it has gotten worse. Whenever I select my desktop for saving or opening files from within a program, it freezes up, screen goes white and the program "stops responding." Even my Chrome won't let me target a location to download files. Other programs to fail today were Excel, Word, MySQL Workbench, Adobe Reader, IE9 (still,) Opera, FF, Outlook, gosh...any program I have tried to save, open or attach.

I downloaded and installed the Netframework 4.0 update from M$ this morning, and am now unable to navigate files from my computer, using any program.

Has anyone else had issues since updating Netframework 4.0?

I use Windows 7 Pro 64-bit. Let me know if more info is needed.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 LucheLibre

LucheLibre

• Members
  • 608 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:32 PM

Posted 27 February 2012 - 07:48 PM

The last .NET update I see for myself is KB2600217. It's optional and meant to resolves issues. If that is the one you're talking about, I suggest uninstalling it to rule it out.

• To Uninstall:
  • Click the start orb and type updates. In the search results, double-click on View installed updates.
  • Use the "Installed On" column to locate the update that was installed today. Double-click it to begin removal.
  • After removal, test the computer for proper operation.

Edited by LucheLibre, 27 February 2012 - 07:51 PM.

If it looks like I know what I'm doing, there's a pretty good chance the only reason for that is because
I once asked someone to run chkdsk /r and a BC Advisor smacked me in the back of the head.

~ LL ~

#3 kevin303

kevin303
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  

Posted 28 February 2012 - 11:41 AM

Done...still crashing programs.

#4 kevin303

kevin303
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  

Posted 28 February 2012 - 12:34 PM

just did a system restore back two weeks. Works fine now..except IE9...it still locks up, but I just use other browsers. Sometimes I wonder what M$ is doing sometimes...seems the security updates just block the user from using their own computer...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users