Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Error Stop: 0x00000007b

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 tolinrome

tolinrome

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:55 PM

Posted 27 February 2012 - 04:04 PM

I have a Toshiba L305 and upon bootup I get a BSOD and error Stop: 0x000000b, sometimes it gets past that and the operating system tries to load but doesnt, you just see the progress bar moving accrosss and the Microsoft Corporation logo and that just seems to loop.
Safe Mode does the same thing and I did a chkdisk and no problems there. I tried the reload the OS and when it loads all the drivers from CD and tries to install the OS then it gives me the Stop: 0x000000b error again.

I have a feeling it may be a driver issue on the OS bootup but not sure. What can I do to fix this, any ideas? I pulled the hard drive out of the laptop and rana malwarebytes, memory test and a few scan and chk disks and stil the problem continues. Is there anyway I can install the driver for the controller or the Hard drive driver while the system loads?

It's a Toshiba MK1655GSX
Thanks!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Crashoveride420

Crashoveride420

• Members
  • 99 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:55 PM

Posted 27 February 2012 - 04:51 PM

Helo have you tried to use safe mode to restore your computer...you can press f8 upon boot up, got to safe mode and click no to restore your computer using a restore point.

#3 Artrooks

Artrooks

• Members
  • 1,463 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:55 PM

Posted 01 March 2012 - 10:00 AM

I tried the reload the OS and when it loads all the drivers from CD and tries to install the OS then it gives me the Stop: 0x000000b error again.

See if there are updated drivers on the Toshiba web site.

Also: How To Fix STOP 0x0000007B Errors.

Regards,
Brooks

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users