Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

New folder on Root Drive

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Pirahnya

Pirahnya

• Members
  • 22 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:44 PM

Posted 27 February 2012 - 01:21 PM

I hooked up a notebook HD to my PC because it wasn't booting in the notebook and I needed to pull the data off of it. When it started, XP wanted to do an Error Check. I allowed it. It ran and found some problem files and put them in a folder. Did not say where.

I tried to find the folder and found a new folder on my C:\ drive called Fixer. When I look at the properties it says it's 21MB, contains 217 Files, 2 Folders.

When I open it, it shows all my HDs (6 (including the new NB HD). When you click on one of them it goes to that drive. Properties on any of them show the entire contents of the drive. It's like a mirror of all my drives.

What is this? Did Error Check do this? The Icon is not a regular folder icon, it's a little monitor with a computer beside it.

This was not here last week.

Confused.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,266 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:44 PM

Posted 27 February 2012 - 02:09 PM

Please do the following:

Publish a Snapshot using Speccy - http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic323892.html/page__p__1797792#entry1797792

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users