Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Introductions/H&R Block software

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 rs1

rs1

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:07 PM

Posted 27 February 2012 - 11:25 AM

Hi everyone my name is Jay. The reason why I initially joined bleepingcomputer is the nasty System Check virus. I got hit last week and used instructions which I found on this site to partially eradicate the virus. But now I am finding I cannot use H and R Block's tax software- one that I've used for close to 2 decades. The problem is simply I cannot get past the registration screen. If I click Register later or never register, it does nothing. If I try to submit the registration (name, address, email) it acts like it is submitting info to the server but does not leave the page either. I called Block's tech support and they said they've never heard of the problem and told me to uninstall and reinstall, which I did to no avail. Does anyone have any idea of what the problem is and if it was in fact caused by System Check. I have installed the program on another pc and it appears to work fine.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Budapest

Budapest

Bleepin' Cynic

• 23,579 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:07 AM

Posted 01 March 2012 - 03:58 PM

Hello and :welcome: to Bleeping Computer.

Be sure to check out the New User Orientation and the excellent Tutorials.
The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it.

—George Bernard Shaw

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users