Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Blue Screen Error - How To Fix Problem

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Kat123

Kat123

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:49 PM

Posted 17 February 2006 - 12:41 AM

I recently had a problem with my computer just restarting/rebooting occasionally. In two months this began to occur whenever I went to the Internet, and then it escalated to just within a couple of seconds of the computer rebooting.

I thought it was a driver configuration problem, and so I wiped the computer clean and reinstalled the operating system. I had no problems with the computer again until I installed all the necessary drivers. At first I thought the driver disk was installing the drivers incorrectly, and so I installed the drivers one by one. After process of elimination, it was the VGA driver that was causing the computer to crash/reboot.

The computer worked fine as long as I did not instal the driver. I then took the computer to the Geek squad, and explained to them the problem. They just said it was a driver problem. They installed all the necessary drivers and instead of crashing I started to received the Blue Screen. I told them I only had sucess when the VGA driver was not installed. Sure enough they confirmed my finding. They came to the conclusion that my video card needed replacing. The old video card was integrated into the main frame, and so I bought a PCI video card.

After they installed the new video card the computer would work fine, and then it blue screened. The old video card, would try to start up again. They disabled it. The computer work again. Then it would blue screen if I had anything pluged into the computer when turning it on, that did not first have the driver installed. That was corrected, and it was working fine for a couple of days, and then the Blue Screen.

Here is the error message:

Stop: 0x000000BE (0xC000001D, 0xFC1ACEED, 0xFC8D7C2C, 0x00000000)

cmuda.sys - Address FC1ACEED base at FC10E000, Data Stamp 43a105d7

This computer is generic, it runs on sysntax driver, and is a AMD. The computer is running OS Miscrosoft XP PRO. The computer is about 3 years old.

Please let me know if anyone has any ideas. This can save me money on buying a new Computer

Edited by Kat123, 17 February 2006 - 12:44 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 ZENER

ZENER

• Members
  • 108 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:49 AM

Posted 17 February 2006 - 12:53 AM

how long have you been using this PC?

Power surge will cause blue screen llike USB plug in etc..... any plug in will have to be done b 4 CPU is on.

:thumbsup:
The Uprise of a new Technology is the contributing factor to the failure of many human brains.
In short ==== We are too reliant on Technology.

#3 acklan

acklan

Bleepin' cat's meow

• Members
  • 8,529 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:49 PM

Posted 17 February 2006 - 12:59 AM

This may be a memory issue. I would run a memory test to rule it out.

http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=315335

Memtest86 "A Stand-alone Memory Diagnostic"

MicroSoft's Memory Test
"2007 & 2008 Windows Shell/User Award"

#4 Kat123

Kat123
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:49 PM

Posted 17 February 2006 - 09:20 AM

how long have you been using this PC?

Power surge will cause blue screen like USB plug in etc..... any plug in will have to be done b 4 CPU is on.

***************************************************************************************

I have had the PC for 3 years. We thought is was a power problem at first. It was found that the original safety power surge protector had a short.

Everytime we plug in anything before the PC is on, we get the blue screen. When we plug it in after, it seems to be fine. We haven't plugged in anything except the keyboard on USB.

Any thoughts.
****************************************************************************************

This may be a memory issue. I would run a memory test to rule it out.
****************************************************************************************
Can you run a memory test in Safe Mode and access the internet? I can't seem to get past the blue screen to get to the proper mode to log onto the internet.

Thanks

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users