Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Trojans - Genetik, possible others.

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 neoi78

neoi78

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:36 AM

Posted 26 February 2012 - 09:09 PM

Hello all,

I have stumbled upon your website and am looking for help, possibly by using your ComboFix program as needed.

I was browsing the internet and had the Sandboxie program up, and all of a sudden my browser(s) crashed. This has never happened before, so I was pretty shocked. Normally I am able to delete the sandboxie, and resume whatever thing I am browsing. So I proceed to restart my PC.

Upon loading, I get the error "Windows detected a hard disk problem" multiple times, as well as "Delayed Write Fail" - pointing to some 'System32' file. I also have no icons on my desktop. and limited icons at the bottom of my screen (right side - by clock).

I then used SuperAntiSpyware to delete the Trojan called "..Trojan/FailLoad".

I restart, and things are back to normally, mostly. No error mesages, but still no icons. After the restart, I notice an SuperAntiSpyware notification that states 'updates are avaliable'. WELL.... I click this, and I normally update thru the program, ignoring most pop-ups, but I click this darn thing, and BAM! My NOD32 pops up and says found "variant of Win32/Genetik trojan", and its located in my 'SUPERANTISPYWARE.EXE' now. It proceeds to shut down my SuperAntiSpyware program, and now im stuck without an antivirus that works. My NOD32 works to an extent but isn't updated (long story), and doesnt seem to pick up various things that SuperAntiSpyware did.

I also notice it deletes 80% of my programs off the All Programs on start menu, and also leaves my Internet Explorer without add-ons, whatever purpose that might serve. So im stuck. I know I need to download a few programs, burn them to a disc, and then run them thru my PC, right? So I go attempt to download malwarebytes and SuperAntiSpyware - but on my infected computer it pops up and says "Setup Failed - error reading setup data".

So, I would like to run ComboFix, and avoid running 1000 different programs if ComboFix can target many problems at once.

But I am heedin to the advice given that, without consult of you guys, Its risky running ComboFix, even useless.

So,... help? Thanks alot. I hope I have given insight into my PC infection.

Edit: by the way, i'll be checking back as often as possible to view responses. I work mon-fri, 4pm to midnight, so I will hopefully be able to not take up much of your time. Thanks again.

Edited by Budapest, 26 February 2012 - 10:11 PM.
Moved from XP

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 narenxp

narenxp

• BC Advisor
  • 16,371 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:36 AM

Posted 27 February 2012 - 01:47 PM

Follow this guide

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/virus-removal/remove-system-check

Let me know how it went

So, I would like to run ComboFix, and avoid running 1000 different programs if ComboFix can target many problems at once.

If you really want to run combofix with expert help you can start a topic here

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/forum22.html

good luck

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users