Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

HP Deskjet F4280 Not working

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 puppyday

puppyday

• Members
  • 19 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:24 AM

Posted 26 February 2012 - 12:33 PM

Hello~

I recently had a problem with my HP Deskjet F4280 all-in-one. Printing works fine, but recently, my scanner/copier won't work, and I keep getting blinking lights from the printer. Usually, my scanner and copier works fine, but since last night, it started to act up, and the scanner/printer will not work. HP tells me that "Scanner failed" and I tried restarting computer, and printer as well as I tried reinstalling the printer, and the outlet plugs with it with no luck. Any ideas how to fix this problem?

Thank you!

Edited by hamluis, 26 February 2012 - 02:21 PM.
Moved from Vista to External Hardware.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Philc3

Philc3

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:24 AM

Posted 01 March 2012 - 04:00 PM

The first thing to try would be a reinstallation of the printer software. If you have already done this to no avail, the next step would be to go to HP's web site, look under Drivers and Support and see if there is an update listed for the unit. You will need to know whether your OS is 32 or 64 bit, there should be an option for either. What I normally do under this circumstance is to SAVE the download to file, normally my documents and RUN it from there. rather than run it from the download. The reason for doing this is that should you have a similar occurence in future you don't have to do the download again. Another reason for doing this is that IF you do not have the software on CD, you can burn it to disk from the file and have a hard copy.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users