Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Same Updates keep installing?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 neptune431

neptune431

• Members
  • 24 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:30 AM

Posted 26 February 2012 - 12:28 PM

Security updates for MS.NET Framework 2.0 SP2 (KB2656352 - KB2633880 - KB2572073) are downloaded and installed....again and again,
for a month or two now. Looking at update history the installs show the green checkmark but I have to wonder if something
inside the machine is not registering the valid install.
The computer itself is running great (since a reinstall Aug 2011)

Thanks for any input. PLR

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 frankp316

frankp316

• Members
  • 2,677 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:30 AM

Posted 26 February 2012 - 06:59 PM

I had the same problem a while back and they are faulty updates. .NET Framework is not essential. It is required by some apps but you may not need any version. You should attempt to uninstall all versions of .NET Framework via Add/Remove Programs. If any version won't uninstall, leave it alone. That means you need it. After you finish, run the cleanup tool at the link below. That should get rid of the faulty updates. You can reinstall .NET Framework if you like but it's not necessary. I did not reinstall them and have had no issues.

http://blogs.msdn.com/b/astebner/archive/2008/08/28/8904493.aspx

#3 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,110 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:30 AM

Posted 27 February 2012 - 10:23 AM

I would amend Frank's suggestion...you can either...use the cleanup tool to remove all installs of MS.NET...or...you can uninstall all versions via Add/Remove Programs (do not bother with updates to any version), starting with uninstalling the latest version first and working backwards to the oldest.

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users