Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Firefox

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Murrar

Murrar

• Members
  • 193 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:01 PM

Posted 26 February 2012 - 05:17 AM

I have Windows 7 and Internet Explorer 9 on my computer. Can anyone tell me how to install Firefox browser and how to use it to the exclusion of Internet Explorer 9? Thank you. Murrar

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Winterland

Winterland

• Members
  • 980 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:01 PM

Posted 26 February 2012 - 07:59 AM

Murrar, not sure if you've already downloaded the latest Firefox, or if you're having issues when attempting to install.

In the event that you have not downloaded the latest one yet, start here:

http://www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/fx/

Down in the lower left hand corner of that page, you should see a "Firefox - Free Download" button.

Once you select that big green button, you should receive a pop up that has a title of "Opening Firefox Setup" and you should be able to either Save File or Cancel.

Save the file to where ever you'd like (desktop is most often the easiest place and you can always move this file somewhere else once the install is complete) and then run the program.

During the install you may be asked if you'd like to copy your favorites over from Internet Explorer and several other questions, one of which (I believe) will ask you if you want Firefox to be your default browser - in this case, you can select "Yes".

Hope that helps.

Please let me know if you need any other information.

Winterland

Photobucket removed my cool flag - idiots!

Every calculation based on experience elsewhere fails in New Mexico.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users