Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Programs Continually Not Reponding

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 NikiF

NikiF

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:02 AM

Posted 25 February 2012 - 09:07 PM

Hello,

My friend has been having issues with her computer programs not responding. Everything will be fine and then all of a sudden Chrome, Firefox, Picasa, Windows Explorer, or whatever else she is in at the time will freeze up. It eventually unfreezes, but you have to walk away or else you'll go crazy waiting.

Here are her specs from Speccy - http://speccy.piriform.com/results/4S3IsLLf0OuXHkCnPY57sBh.

Your help would be appreciated!

Thanks,
Niki

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 LucheLibre

LucheLibre

• Members
  • 608 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:02 PM

Posted 26 February 2012 - 10:11 AM

Did the computer ever work normally? What changed since then?

I notice you have NOD32, MBAM, and Spybot running at the same time. These programs can interfere with each other and cause other issues. I suggest first disabling or uninstalling two of them and retesting.

Edited by LucheLibre, 26 February 2012 - 10:11 AM.

If it looks like I know what I'm doing, there's a pretty good chance the only reason for that is because
I once asked someone to run chkdsk /r and a BC Advisor smacked me in the back of the head.

~ LL ~

#3 NikiF

NikiF
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:02 AM

Posted 26 February 2012 - 02:45 PM

The computer originally worked fine. There was nothing obvious that was done or installed around the time that it started acting up. It's been like this for many months now.

I have uninstalled Malwarebytes and Spybot. Here are the new specs - http://speccy.piriform.com/results/RCLkdsIjmenaVMwUL60ltjI.

After uninstalling the above and restarting the computer it continues to run dreadfully slow.

Thanks for your assistance, LucheLibre!

#4 LucheLibre

LucheLibre

• Members
  • 608 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:02 PM

Posted 26 February 2012 - 06:37 PM

How does the computer run in Safe Mode? Repeatedly press F8 just as the BIOS screen goes away to bring up the Safe Mode menu. Choose Safe Mode with Networking.

After uninstalling the above and restarting the computer it continues to run dreadfully slow.

Does this mean that it is no longer freezing?

Voltage
CPU CORE: 1.072 V
MEMORY CONTROLLER: 3.024 V
+3.3V: 1.840 V
+5V: 5.000 V
+12V: 11.968 V
-12V: -4.480 V
-5V: -13.376 V
+5V HIGH THRESHOLD: 4.973 V
CMOS BATTERY : 3.232 V

I'd like you to verify the voltages in the BIOS. There should be a PC Health section that will report them in real-time. Watch them for a bit and see if they ever get more than 10% from where they are supposed to be. Example: the 3.3V line should not get below 3 or above 3.75

If it looks like I know what I'm doing, there's a pretty good chance the only reason for that is because
I once asked someone to run chkdsk /r and a BC Advisor smacked me in the back of the head.

~ LL ~

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users