Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Java won't run

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Jeff J

Jeff J

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:25 AM

Posted 25 February 2012 - 08:05 AM

Help someone please. I have a 64 bit windows 7 computer that is pretty clean and trouble free. Java runs perfectly on Google Chrome and ie9 64 bit (I installed both the 32 and 64 bit versions of java 6.30). I've installed and uninstalled java at least 30 times, making sure all pervious versions are gone. I even manually edited the register to remove all java keys as suggested by someone. It installs with no complaints but will not work on ie9-32bit. BTW, I started with ie8 and had the same problem. In Manage Add-ons java is enabled and when I open the java panel in Control Panel I see that ie is checked as default browser (although the check is greyed out and I can't control it). I only have one log-in to my computer and it's administrator.

I've tried loading java with my virus software off. I've tried downloading the java and installing off-line. I've run Register Booster and fix any issues. I've run a spy ware scan. I ran RA Java (to remove old versions), I ran the MS Fix tool to clean out any remnants of java.

I know others have experienced this and I think I've tried everything that may or may not have worked for them.
Please, what am I missing?

Edited by Jeff J, 25 February 2012 - 08:08 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users