Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

How far will prices go down? When is the right time to buy?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 printerandink

printerandink

• Members
  • 190 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:00 PM

Posted 24 February 2012 - 10:40 PM

How much farther down do you think the prices on radeon 6870's will go? What about SSD's over the next few months?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 rotor123

rotor123

• 8,093 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:00 PM

Posted 25 February 2012 - 01:08 PM

As the 6870s become obsolete the prices will drop.

I'm not thinking SSD proces are going to drop in the near future.
More and more people are using SSDs and I suspect that the demand may outstrip manufacturing capability at some point as they seem to be catching on.
Why should they be dropping until hard drives are really cheap again.
Small SSDs are going on sale fairly cheap but IMHO they are to small for long term use.

What I do is weigh the extra cost of buying now and being able to do more versus a possible future saving.

If you always wait for the prices to hit rock bottom you are always far behind in what you use. I usually wait for the prices on computer stuff to drop from their original peak. When the the fastest CPU is introduced it is very high priced. Once all the "Have to have the fastest" demand is satisfied there is a price drop. Once a new leader is introduced a price drop happens.

In my opinion buying the second or third best (Fastest) gives the best bang for your buck.

Hope this helps
Roger

Edited by rotor123, 25 February 2012 - 01:09 PM.

Fortune Cookie says: Fortune not Found: Abort, Retry, Ignore?

Sent from my All-In-One Desktop. Perfect for Internet, Not for heavy usage or gaming however.

How Does a computer get Infected? http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/2520/how-did-i-get-infected/
Forum Rules,    The BC Welcome Guide

167 @ June 2015

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users