Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

All stops responding

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Nick131

Nick131

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:19 AM

Posted 24 February 2012 - 09:21 PM

Okay, I'm gonna go REALLY in-depth with the crap going on with my computer.

Okay, I'm a PC gamer. Typical. I downloaded a couple of games, skype, and MBAM (Malware Bytes - Anti Malware) That is my antivirus. Today, I got this ridiculous thing, that I believe to be a virus. I found out my computer was running rather slow, so I open up task manager to see the processes that were open. Turns out, there was this one process that showed up like 30 times. I clicked one, and I ended the process... and all stuff happens from there. My computer freezes, Task manager stops responding, all windows stop responding, my desktop turns slightly whiter (due to stop responding-ness) and I couldn't even turn off my computer. I tried to use system restore to restore my computer to a previous backup, no luck. The process was still there. I scanned with MBAM in safe mode. No luck. I then nearly gave up, then I had one more idea. I thought I could restore my computer to factory settings... turned out the "virus" prevented that from happening too... Can anyone help me?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,530 posts
  •  

Posted 24 February 2012 - 10:03 PM

Hello, I moved tis to Am I Infected from Windows 7

MBam is not an Antivirus

Can you install and run this..
Avira Antivir
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#3 Nick131

Nick131
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 24 February 2012 - 10:16 PM

Hello, I moved tis to Am I Infected from Windows 7

MBam is not an Antivirus

Can you install and run this..
Avira Antivir

Alright, I thought it was :( and I didn't know where to put this topic, sorry xD (I'm new)

And... I am installing it right now

#4 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,530 posts
  •  

Posted 24 February 2012 - 10:28 PM

No problem.
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#5 Nick131

Nick131
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 24 February 2012 - 10:43 PM

No problem.

I'm not sure if this will work. Does this work most of the time? It's at 51.1% of scanning... and apparently no viruses o.o

#6 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,530 posts
  •  

Posted 24 February 2012 - 10:53 PM

Sometimes it can take several malware tools as no one tool gets it all.

I did forget to ask you the name of this.. one process that showed up like 30 times

#7 Nick131

Nick131
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 25 February 2012 - 08:32 AM

Sometimes it can take several malware tools as no one tool gets it all.

I did forget to ask you the name of this.. one process that showed up like 30 times

svchost.exe .... It's really annoying. Avira did nothing, by the way. Anyways, lemme tell you what I'm observing now. Task manager says there are 72 (72!?!?) processes open at once. There used to be only... 20. Right now, if I add up all the svchost.exe's then it adds up to 150,000k memory. Some other things that are in my task manager that I have no clue about...
services.exe
WLIDSVC.exe (2 of them)
audiodg.exe (Never seen it there before)
SearchIndexer.exe
TeamViewer_Service.exe
lsass.exe
netsession_win.exe
System
System Idle Process

Everything up there are the processes that I don't even know. What are they? I haven't even installed teamviewer on this computer yet, so I'm positive TeamViewer shouldn't be there. I've never seen System or System Idle Process in there before... not sure if it's supposed to be though.

#8 Nick131

Nick131
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 25 February 2012 - 09:19 PM

Um... I know I'm not supposed to do this... but bump! I need this problem fixed, although it is not URGENT. It is stopping me from gaming though =/

#9 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,530 posts
  •  

Posted 25 February 2012 - 10:22 PM

What Are WLIDSVC.EXE and WLIDSVCM.EXE ..These two processes work together to form the Windows Live Sign-In Assistant service, which helps you stay logged into Windows Live.

audiodg.exe ..is used sound processing,when hogging CPU
The cause is usually faulty audio drivers.

SearchIndexer.exe... is the Windows service that handles indexing of your files for Windows Search

TeamViewer_Service.exe
lsass.exe
netsession_win.exe
System
System Idle Process

Point is these are legitimate fikes if in their proper location,else they be malware. Each would need to be googled and checked.

Assuming they are malware by their CPU use then you are very infected. All these would require you to repost in our Malware Removal forum,wait a day or so for analysis and repair. Or you need to reformat and reinstall your Operating System,which we do not kow yet.

We need a deeper look. Please go here....Preparation Guide ,do steps 6-9.

Create a DDS log and post it in the new topic explained in step 9 which is here Virus, Trojan, Spyware, and Malware Removal Logs and not in this topic,thanks.
If GMER won't run skip it and move on.

Let me know if that went well.

#10 Nick131

Nick131
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 25 February 2012 - 10:29 PM

Uh, I think I fixed the malware doing something else just now. I raised my admin powers... and now it looks like before. Except it still says 70 processes (which doesn't bother me too much) Ehh, I'll call this a fix. I'm getting a new computer in a couple months anyways, so it's fine. Thank you for your help! (Solved)

#11 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,530 posts
  •  

Posted 25 February 2012 - 11:03 PM

You're welcome...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users