Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Adding music to iTunes directly from downloads folder

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 computergeek522

computergeek522

• Members
  • 144 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:42 PM

Posted 24 February 2012 - 07:39 PM

OK, so please bear with me here, because I want to try and explain this clearly but I'm not sure if it makes sense to anyone else but me. :)

First of all, I'll freely admit that I download music. That might get my post here deleted, but if so...well, so be it. So, of course, whenever I download a song/album, it goes automatically into my Downloads folder. Fine and dandy.

Now, I also have a folder called "Music" on my desktop, where I keep my mp3 files (I move them from the downloads folder over to this one.)

What I'm wondering is: Can I add files/folders to iTunes directly from my downloads folder and then move them over to my Music folder? I find that if I do it the other way around (i.e., move the files to the Music folder first) sometimes I'll forget which ones I've downloaded most recently, and have trouble finding them in order to add them to my iTunes library.

Or is there just an easier way to add files and folders directly to iTunes from my downloads folder and keep an exact copy of my iPod's contents on my computer *without* having to keep a folder with 160 GB of music on my desktop?

Hopefully someone can provide some insight into this, because I'm friggin' confused.

Snoofie : Computer Geek Wannabe

Dell Inspiron 5537
Intel Core i5-4200U CPU @ 1.60 GHz
8.00 GB RAM
Windows 10, 64-bit

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 code13

code13

• Members
  • 136 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:42 PM

Posted 15 October 2012 - 10:45 AM

In itunes click add music and select folder from what you want added. Also itunes will show you duplicates so you font have to worry about double adding

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users