Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Slow computer but low CPU/RAM/GPU usage.

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Amnsetic

Amnsetic

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:29 AM

Posted 24 February 2012 - 03:34 AM

Hello there.

My computer has been running slowly for quite a while now. It happens spontaneously, but usually around 3-5 pm or so every day. It is usually 3, 4 or 5 pm sharp, however, I have checked for any scheduled maintenance and things related to that, and there doesn't appear to be anything that starts at that time, but a backup which has run for the past 2 years now, and which hasn't caused any problems earlier. I have checked for Malware several times with Malwarebytes, scanned my computer with both ESET Scanner and AVG, but they never find anything. I've also used the Kaspersky Rootkit remover, however, without any luck.

I've disabled all unnecessary programs on start-up, checked my hard disc several times with that Windows software. I do not have any P2P programs installed nor Daemon tools or such applications. I've cleaned my computer with CCleaner several times. My computer doesn't appear to be too hot.

I've reinstalled almost all of my drivers in hope getting this to work, however, without any luck.

This is on a Acer 5850 TG Notebook, which should not be acting this way. Hope you can help.

Amnestic

Edited by Amnsetic, 24 February 2012 - 04:03 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users