Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Can't load MS Office 2010

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Marciad5

Marciad5

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:48 PM

Posted 23 February 2012 - 02:28 PM

I have a new Toshiba computer using windows 7. I have been trying to load MS 2010 but keep getting an error message. Can anyone help?

(Moderator edit: clarified Title and moved thread to more appropriate forum. jgw)

Edited by jgweed, 24 February 2012 - 11:07 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Andrew

Andrew

Bleepin' Night Watchman

• 8,259 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:48 PM

Posted 23 February 2012 - 02:41 PM

What do you mean by "MS 2010"? MS Office 2010? What is the exact wording of the error message(s)? Were you previously able to use the software? If so, what happened around the time it stopped working? (e.g. did you install or uninstall any software, did Windows install an update, did Windows crash?) And, have you noticed any other strange symptoms or unusual behavior?

#3 Jacee

Jacee

Bleeping around

• Malware Response Team
  • 3,716 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:48 PM

Posted 23 February 2012 - 10:53 PM

See reply here http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/office/forum/office_2010-office_install/trouble-with-office-2010-in-new-toshiba-laptop/6e4f6d10-69ef-488f-bfd8-ad24aa2d253a?tab=MoreHelp

MS_MVP.gif
MS MVP Windows-Security 2006-2016
Member of UNITE, the Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

Admin PC Pitstop

#4 Marciad5

Marciad5
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:48 PM

Posted 24 February 2012 - 09:49 AM

I think I discovered my problem. There were programs loaded on the computer when I bought it and one was a trial version of Microsoft Word and Excel. I have the entire suite to load that I get from the school where I work, so I don't want the trial. I'm going to uninstall the trial and then try to load the one I want. I hope that will fix it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users