Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Partition Help

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 tpm

tpm

• Members
  • 355 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:28 PM

Posted 23 February 2012 - 12:58 PM

Hello
I was trying to move 220 gig of C drive space to a new partition. My first go at it only gave me an available 30 gig or so space available. I then proceded to try again and got another 30 or so gig. Now I can't seem to do anything with it. I'm stuck :(

Posted Image

Posted Image

I can't expand any of the 3 drives. When I go to delete the one partition (green) I get the message I posted

Edited by tpm, 23 February 2012 - 12:59 PM.

Tom

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 PCZombieChick

PCZombieChick

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:28 PM

Posted 23 February 2012 - 01:04 PM

I hope that I don't insult your intelligence, but have you rebooted and try it again? Sometimes it needs to reboot to perform any one action.
Let me know. ;-)
Peace!

Edited by PCZombieChick, 23 February 2012 - 01:04 PM.

#3 tpm

tpm
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 355 posts
  •  

Posted 23 February 2012 - 01:35 PM

Yes I did reboot and had my fingers crossed. Still no good
Tom

#4 PCZombieChick

PCZombieChick

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:28 PM

Posted 23 February 2012 - 05:24 PM

Hey Tom!

Anytime I have to mess with partitions I get nervous. Are you still able to boot to the O/S?

If so, maybe try to use HIREN boot CD. If you boot into "mini-xp" it's possible that you will be able to do more due the O/S files not in use when booted from a CD. Not sure if it will do anything different, you can poke around with the tools that are on HIREN's CD. I use bit-torrent to download the ISO for HIRENs.

Let me know if using the HIRENs disk helps you?

My 2 cents.

Peace!

Mel

#5 tpm

tpm
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 355 posts
  •  

Posted 23 February 2012 - 05:26 PM

Thanks Mel

Just got on to see if anything changed. C drive is fine, I just lost about 60 gig of it. I'll get it back somehow (Hopefully)
I'll try your recommendation tomorrow

Thanks
Tom

#6 tpm

tpm
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 355 posts
  •  

Posted 20 March 2012 - 03:14 PM

hello again not sure if this is where I should post BUT having just installed Crucial's Adrenaline SSD I would like to know if I still defrag my C drive (Win 7?) I guess the SSD is not seen??

Thanks

Edited by tpm, 20 March 2012 - 03:14 PM.

Tom

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users