Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Yahoo Mail And Michigan State Email Unsuccessful Login

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 bubbles17z

bubbles17z

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:12 AM

Posted 16 February 2006 - 04:49 PM

For the past few dais i have been unable to login to my yahoomail. i get the "page cannot be displayed. As for my michigan state university email account i type the mail page and it redirects me as if i typed in the webpage in teh search field!!! NEED HELP B?C MY HOMEWORK IS SENT VIA MY SCHOOL EMAIL!!!!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 72,173 posts
  •  

Posted 16 February 2006 - 10:56 PM

have you run antivirus and malware scans in safe mode.
tried to uninstall/reinstall yahoomail
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#3 jgweed

jgweed

• Staff Emeritus
  • 28,473 posts
  •  

Posted 16 February 2006 - 11:20 PM

Have you made any changes to your browser's security settings or deleted cookies recently? If you can browse to other sites, there must be a common denominator if only these fail to work.
Regards,
John

Edited by jgweed, 17 February 2006 - 12:10 AM.

Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

#4 acklan

acklan

Bleepin' cat's meow

• Members
  • 8,529 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:12 AM

Posted 17 February 2006 - 12:18 AM

Have you added any programs like cCLeaner, which clear out your cookies? Have you added a firewall?
"2007 & 2008 Windows Shell/User Award"

#5 bubbles17z

bubbles17z
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 17 February 2006 - 12:59 PM

I have run every type of scan there is!!! I have Mcafee ran that till the scan came clean. I also have AD-Aware ran that till it came clean! And finally i went to antivirus.com and ran the spyware scan and the virus scan untill they came clean. I also am unable to get microsoft updates. This is what i recieve:
[Error number: 0x80072EFD]
The website has encountered a problem and cannot display the page you are trying to view. The options provided below might help you solve the problem.

... you also cannot uninstall yahoomail whoever suggested that

anything else i should try?????

#6 jgweed

jgweed

• Staff Emeritus
  • 28,473 posts
  •  

Posted 17 February 2006 - 01:28 PM

For the MS update error:

http://support.microsoft.com/?scid=kb;en-us;836941

Be sure that you have the the following sites in your Internet Explorer trusted zones in Tools/ Internet/Options/ Security
>https://*.windowsupdate.microsoft.com
>https://download.windowsupdate.com

Also check your firewall, Internet Explorer, and you AV,which may be blocking those two sites. Have you installed anything or updated any application that might have caused these two sites not to function properly?
I am reasonably certain that your problem is not caused by malware because your access problems are limited to three sites.
Regards,
John
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users