Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

WMC

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 sid606

sid606

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:12 PM

Posted 23 February 2012 - 12:51 PM

Hi.I have windows 7 so decided to have a go at the windows media center.Showed up all music but cant get my photos to show up?
Any help please for me to view my photos in windows media center.
Thanks in advance.

When I try to select photos.A box comes up with info

''Media Player has a necessary component of Windows Media center did not start properly.Restart WMC''

tried that sill no joy.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 LucheLibre

LucheLibre

• Members
  • 608 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:12 PM

Posted 23 February 2012 - 06:32 PM

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_7-windows_programs/a-necessary-componenet-of-windows-media-center-did/c2f1a69a-d6a2-436d-8cff-34acc877cc46

That post contains several steps and links that might help you. I would start with these first.

If it looks like I know what I'm doing, there's a pretty good chance the only reason for that is because
I once asked someone to run chkdsk /r and a BC Advisor smacked me in the back of the head.

~ LL ~

#3 sid606

sid606
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 24 February 2012 - 03:51 AM

Thanks when I copy and paste the item into start and hit enter the only thin I get up is this nothing like media centre database ??
See clip.
here. Posted Image

ps.How do I select to have email notification of this thread?

thanks
sid.

#4 LucheLibre

LucheLibre

• Members
  • 608 posts
  •  

Posted 24 February 2012 - 04:37 PM

The last file is the database file, though it is named differently.

Just to be safe, though, I suggest renaming the file to mcepg2-0-old instead of deleting it. If MCE has a problem with it, you can name it back to what it was.

Edited by LucheLibre, 24 February 2012 - 04:38 PM.

If it looks like I know what I'm doing, there's a pretty good chance the only reason for that is because
I once asked someone to run chkdsk /r and a BC Advisor smacked me in the back of the head.

~ LL ~

#5 sid606

sid606
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 25 February 2012 - 07:19 AM

Hi,thanks for the reply,I did follow your idea of changing the name.But when opened WMC again tried to select photos and that dredded box appeared again,I even took a chance and deleted that folder.
this what that bl**dy box said.

Media Player has a necessary component of Windows Media center did not start properly.Restart WMC''

Which I have done.

Thanks.

:hysterical:

Edited by sid606, 25 February 2012 - 07:20 AM.

#6 LucheLibre

LucheLibre

• Members
  • 608 posts
  •  

Posted 25 February 2012 - 05:14 PM

In that case, I'd restore the folder from the recycle bin and proceed with the next step from the MS.com page.

~ LL ~

#7 sid606

sid606
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 26 February 2012 - 12:58 PM

Hi.Thanks for reply,Did try second method and did a sfc scannow,sorry no luck.Never mind we did have a go I dont think that WMC not working properly will bother me much.
Thanks.
sid

:busy:

#8 LucheLibre

LucheLibre

• Members
  • 608 posts
  •  

Posted 26 February 2012 - 06:47 PM

As you wish. Let us know if you eventually get it figured it out.

~ LL ~

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users