Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

GRAPHIC CARD USEAGE/adjustment

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 freelyone

freelyone

• Members
  • 33 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:19 PM

Posted 23 February 2012 - 09:11 AM

Hi,
Id like to ask with some quite agility, about the correct descision on using the (latest) nvidia control panel pre-rendered frame control and this will lead to alot of other areas involved with MAXIMUM useage!. Alot of discussions on the number of frames read ahead have given me the inclination to throw out text ideals and just test the stuff with the computer ON. (sweats)
Im playing `Darksiders` and the initial look of the game tore my heart out- another CHAOS-anyway with some reading I boosted ALL graphic settings to their respective MAX and it took my breath away. Before this I played Modern Warfare4 in-game settings and was great- so now the game looks great but the stuttering/lag is still there.
Nominally default of 3 pre-rendered frames (with the usual Vsync etc etc) prooves the game is playable- choose 0 and it might iron out the jittering -choose 8 and its not advisable........Theres too many changing answers to choose a correct way of determining a value to set. (I guess Im really avoiding setting the thing each logon) One says 5 is the highest -4 seems to yet 1 really kept the balance???!
So can the process of benchmarking iron it out or do I resort to RUDEMENTRY guessing?

(new to me this is...learning fast I am)

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 freelyone

freelyone
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 33 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:19 PM

Posted 23 April 2012 - 07:29 AM

Figured it...!

My RAM is to low- the cause of a similar effect as buffering-read ahead.

who would have guessed ,diagnosis found.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users