Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Add Printer Keeps Freezing

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 lonogod

lonogod

• Members
  • 63 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:31 PM

Posted 23 February 2012 - 08:27 AM

Hello again! I have been trying to add a wireless/network printer to my computer for about a month, but every time I try the Add Printer window freezes up. It won't let me click next, it won't let me cancel, and it won't let me close it. I have never tried to add a wireless/network printer before so I have no idea how long this problem has been going on.

I can still add local printers without a problem. My wireless internet works fine and I can connect to networks fine. I just can't add wireless/network printers.

The second I click on "Add a network, wireless or Bluetooth printer" the window freezes and I have to end the process in the Task Manager. I have not tried any fixes because I could not find any and I have no idea where to begin.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Windows Vista Home Premium 32bit

Edited by hamluis, 23 February 2012 - 08:36 AM.
Moved from Vista to External Hardware.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 lonogod

lonogod
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 63 posts
  •  

Posted 23 February 2012 - 10:11 AM

Um...why was this moved to External Hardware? It's not a problem with a printer. It's a problem with the function in Windows Vista. It's not like it's happening with just one printer. It happens when I try to do any wireless/network printer.

Can someone move this back please? It's not an external hardware problem. Thanks!

Edited by hamluis, 23 February 2012 - 05:14 PM.
Moved per user request.

#3 gregorg

gregorg

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:31 PM

Posted 25 February 2012 - 11:07 PM

Hi lonogod,
I had the same problem as you have... so i googled for a solution and it came up wih this thread.
I could solve my issues by temporarily disabling the Windows built-in firewall.
Hope this works for you too.

#4 lonogod

lonogod
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 63 posts
  •  

Posted 28 February 2012 - 07:49 AM

Thank you for responding, but that did not work. Anyone else have any ideas? Are there any settings I need to check? Anything in the registry that might be causing the issue? Thank you!

#5 Philc3

Philc3

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:31 PM

Posted 01 March 2012 - 04:11 PM

What printer manufacturer??

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users