Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

8 screen touch

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 freelyone

freelyone

• Members
  • 33 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:26 PM

Posted 23 February 2012 - 08:20 AM

Hi,
Beginning with a new OS like 8 seems nice and the product wouldnt be the same without touch tech. I havent got ANY touch equip so maybe one of those fold on screens that usb links the existing screen INTO a touch screen can do the trick? Is there any likely hood of some greatness lost?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 BrutalByte

BrutalByte

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:26 AM

Posted 29 March 2012 - 02:11 AM

Hello,

I have converted my non touch monitor Phillips 220EW8 21.6 Inch monitor into a touch screen using a 3M touch sensor USB. I have another secondary computer at my workplace which is a HP touchsmart, All I can say It's the same experience you get from the both monitors...If you really interested here is a link..chk it out :thumbup2:

http://www.touchscreen-me.com/touch-screen-conversion.php

Attached Files

• Attached File  1.png   101.22KB   11 downloads

#3 freelyone

freelyone
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 33 posts
  •  

Posted 29 March 2012 - 09:51 AM

Yes , thats it !!!

What a great response .. Exactly the primary reason. Originally the touch prospect to me seemed short of it, but later the seeing became to believe, so I bumped into the `plaky sheet` for monitors AND then the consumer preview 8 has come along, tempting my taste buds for a touch screen based computer.

Although...I didnt envision the living room TV to be on a pillar as the mantle piece ... as the web site shows, interesting.( I cant talk, my gameing mobo is out of the case and stuffed into a wooden tv cabinet) {designed}
But most of my computing leveled out using todays applications on 2008 gear, so things alikened to ipads and smart phones are strange, this is making the os a similar device.!?! my monitor would/will be destined for my lap when one of these gets into my hands IF I like that way of `moving` things that way...but I dont know that yet until afforded.Its cheaper. (the reason for my post)

I never suspected the two instruments to be the SAME in performance-that is a suprise! Thankyou for your reply, its quite blown me away.Leaves me in no doubt that it is most wise to consider building at the same time waiting for exactly what you want for your computer whilst spending so much less than the offers seen today, GREAT.

Now Ive got to learn to touch ...wave, or whatever it is.
Thankyou.

#4 rotor123

rotor123

• 8,082 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:26 AM

Posted 30 March 2012 - 10:44 AM

This touch screen Interface for Windows 8 is no use to me. My Desktop computer sits across the room hooked up to the HDTV. I use a wireless Keyboard with a Touchpad built in. I can hold it in one hand and mouse or type with the other.

Thank Microsoft, But no thanks. I'll be sticking with Windows 7 On my Main computer.

Fortune Cookie says: Fortune not Found: Abort, Retry, Ignore?

Sent from my All-In-One Desktop. Perfect for Internet, Not for heavy usage or gaming however.

How Does a computer get Infected? http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/2520/how-did-i-get-infected/
Forum Rules,    The BC Welcome Guide

167 @ June 2015

#5 freelyone

freelyone
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 33 posts
  •  

Posted 31 March 2012 - 05:57 AM

Too true. maybe you might wait until they produce those rollup screens to entice you closer.

For me the tft/lcd screen did it for me.(aboslish tv`s) clearer picture!.

I`m also sticking to Vista and IE8 mainly due to its ease of use for me ,yet the consistancy or trend line of programs/applications in inovation they bring out gets lesser in ease of use Ive noticed [note: eg. IE 9 dosent have an interface with the varied controls for saving-zoom-endecoding, visible or `more` options at your finger tips] making it quicker to access would have made my day- I would have expected this; to be a more flying finger action related excercise , alas my envisionment isnt so. Seems less. As Brutalbyte says, there is no comparison between them- so are the applications up to it? Maybe if it were hard wired?

Makes good that you can build your own apps on win8. And I guess with 36 odd touch places there is an area to make movements that you would include yourself.

Do you like controlling it with your hands, essntially is the question (worn them out)? Track balls are good

#6 H@cker

H@cker

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  

Posted 22 April 2012 - 01:27 PM

Works fine for my non-touch desktop. Its this what technology is built on... CHANGE.

#7 freelyone

freelyone
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 33 posts
  •  

Posted 23 April 2012 - 07:13 AM

Yep.

Tech -to- touch. Anyone know if laser pointers or pens are a better alternative? In fact what could be next - or better?

( I get the impression a lot more is needed though !?) my fingers miss the mark and mistakes are a bother

Applications (built) seem to be the real key.

#8 freelyone

freelyone
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 33 posts
  •  

Posted 22 May 2012 - 11:49 AM

Well thats all I was looking for and `new member` from switzerland put the point to solved, importantly answered this blog well. I thimk it may be a good choice if one stays with these old os`s as long as you can and buy new (touch equipment) when broke. Prefereably after win 8 has got a knowledge base and used for some while only then will it be clear if it is a good step wherever CHANGE takes us.Thankyou for your suggestions.Good blog.

#9 freelyone

freelyone
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 33 posts
  •  

Posted 24 August 2012 - 05:34 AM

Just to add that the handheld devices, mainly for graphic produce are a really good idea.Wacom with intuos seems to have a good appeal but the lack of functions seems to be the fall of it. Has anyone found them useful?

#10 Romeo29

Romeo29

Learning To Bleep

• BC Advisor
  • 3,194 posts
  •  

Posted 24 August 2012 - 02:06 PM

Just checked it on Sears, this thing costs too much. I can buy Benq or AOC screens cheaper.

#11 freelyone

freelyone
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 33 posts
  •  

Posted 25 August 2012 - 10:24 AM

Yes cost IS(nt) a factor, Id choose something-anything to get past reaching to the screen, yet this is a hurdle. They are the closest item I can find that seems the easiest. Apart from say IRONMAN who uses Xbox Connect (i think) that would seem much more appliceable - so get to it...IT pro`s, SOON if you could!

I would have thought that the apple screens (all in one) are a bit bulky to move about, say alikened to useage similar to an ipad, if your inclined to be slightly more `mobile` with computing. My lappy is LARGE screened (and oldish) compared to the choices on the shelf with half screens-just the way I like my computing to be, and wish it larger, but for the touch issue I would exclaim from roof tops that we had reached technological perfection. (Thinking) With 3d all screen touch keyboard plug in back phone total mobile computer all inbuilt, great.

Something like Stark`s Ironman `super computer` gestures tailor made would solve it I reckon.

The functions on the intuos machine is reported to have the functions required for the use with an OS theres just not many (5)? but it still has them. Well I think its good enough to mention.

#12 freelyone

freelyone
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 33 posts
  •  

Posted 02 July 2013 - 09:03 AM

I think this is on the way to an answer - the razor deathstalker ultimate - very similar to this side screen with the app buttons only with a larger screen and displays the screen with all the tech stuff of the razor. That makes touch comfortable, portable and precise to use for everything and my vote for the best.

the end.

#13 freelyone

freelyone
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 33 posts
  •  

Posted 25 September 2013 - 07:42 AM

OK, to wrap up this blog with an answer, I got win8, an ANDROID Acer iconia A1-810 tablet (anyone will do) and put an app that uses the tablet like a track pad - the thing is that good I have ONLY one point to add from this whole thing- to put the OS screen on it too (that would be asking TOO much). It is heaps compared to the razor keyboard and a fraction of the price and you get another `device` which is as good as an app. This has been a good blog and I hope it makes something easier for you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users