Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

BSOD.

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Aeonoscence

Aeonoscence

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:23 AM

Posted 23 February 2012 - 01:38 AM

Hey all,

Asking this on behalf of my friend.

He's had a custom build PC for around about 2 months, and this machine's cursed. It never stops BSODing.

First of all, his PC never booted, but we solved that with new RAM (Dominator's weren't working, so we got G.Skill instead.)

But now, he gets random BSODs with stuff like MEMORY_MANAGEMENT and some other SYSTEM_PREFERENCE or something like that. I surfed a few forums and they said to increase RAM voltage, but he's done that and it still hasnt quite worked. I went down to see for myself, and when he boots, during the "Starting Windows" screen there appears to be red lines or red text which flash briefly before disappearing again. Then, after a varied time period, he gets a random BSOD.

These are his current specs:

i7 2600K Stock Speed
H100
Z69XP-UD4
2 x HyperX 120GB (not in RAID)
Barracuda 1TB
Samsung DVD Writer
Thermaltake Evo Blue 750W
G. Skill Ripjaws X 16GB 4 x 4 1333Mhz RAM
Gigabyte 6970 Oced Edition

Any help will be appreciated.
I don't think I can get the minidump because I dont live with him...

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users