Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Harddrive space problem

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 tehbazzard

tehbazzard

• Members
  • 33 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:02 PM

Posted 22 February 2012 - 07:51 PM

Last I checked, my HP Netbook had about 7 gigs of space left. So, I decided to delete 4 gigs worth of files I wasn't using. That would be it, or so I assumed. Next day, without downloading anything massive (just a few pictures), yet I check my harddrive space available, and it says 6.45 gigs left. I don't know why this could be happening. I ran a Malwarebytes scan, nothing malicious showed up, so its not a virus. I am on an open network with my brother's PC, so that might be it, but I can't be so sure. If more information about my PC is requested, I will provide it.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 code13

code13

• Members
  • 136 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:02 PM

Posted 22 February 2012 - 08:42 PM

Computer does that some times. It may because your computer is using virtual memory or some things have been saved in the temp folder.
If you reset your computer you might see it change again.

#3 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,754 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:02 PM

Posted 22 February 2012 - 09:35 PM

You can provide some info re the system by following the directions at
Publish a Snapshot using Speccy - http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic323892.html/page__p__1797792#entry1797792

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users