Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Uh oh!!

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 JannEd

JannEd

• Members
  • 153 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:59 AM

Posted 22 February 2012 - 06:12 PM

Not too sure what this is. Most of you know that I keep a clean up-to-date system. I run Avast and MBAM and on occasion, SAS. I also use a really neat little weather program called YoWindow, never had any trouble with that. Haven't installed anything new in quite awhile. I empty my temps files a couple times a day. Earlier this week I noticed a couple temp files starting with DCA_voiceBox_FF.dat and a couple others with different things between DCA and FF. Plus there is a reference to NDS Tray and I can't find anything on a good search.

I did a boot-time scan. Found and deleted were win32:pop-up-gen and win32:PUP-gen. A full system scan revealed nothing, neither did MBAM find anything. I started to be concerned yesterday when I noticed items in my tool bar with a couple programs, including IE. I do not use IE and never would put it on anything I can see. I did not put these items on my task bar, preferring to have all that in my task tray. So, how did it get there?? Checked all my configurations throughout my programs and can find nothing.

HELP!! Win XP Pro SP3. All things up-to-date.

Jann
PS, hold off for a bit. I just tried to open an .xml file and IE wanted to stop it!! I never update or reinstall or install that program. I never have it running, ever. So off to investigate some more. Answer if you have an answer anyhow.

Edited by boopme, 23 February 2012 - 04:19 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,492 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:59 AM

Posted 22 February 2012 - 10:35 PM

Hello JANN
Is this the XP machine with Service pack 3 ? Did Avast find the win32:PUP-gen

NDSTray.exe .... http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/startups/NDSTray.exe-3610.html
ConfigFreeT Tray on a Toshiba laptop. Tray utility for their network switching application which permits switching network devices and settings with a click on the tray icon. While it is not required, for people who span multiple networks and want an easy way to go from wired to wireless and change addresses and other network settings, it's a must have.

If you do a file search for NDSTray.exe,good ones it show up here.
c:\prog files\ Toshiba\ConfigFree\NDSTray.exe
c:\Toolscd\Package\NDSTray.exe

I am not too sure what is actually going on with this DCA_voiceBox_FF.dat
DCA_voiceBox Sometimes comes up as a trojan and FF.dat
...well the last time i remember these was in use with Atoms and Grumacs,,, LOL,Not what we need here.

Download aswMBR to your desktop.
Double click the aswMBR.exe to run it.
Click the "Scan" button to start scan:
Posted Image

On completion of the scan click "Save log", save it to your desktop and post in your next reply:
Posted Image

NOTE. aswMBR will create MBR.dat file on your desktop. This is a copy of your MBR. Do NOT delete it.

Edited by boopme, 23 February 2012 - 04:19 PM.

How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#3 JannEd

JannEd
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 153 posts
  •  

Posted 22 February 2012 - 11:29 PM

Going to answer this while that prog is loading. I may still have it from a month ago. This IS the Toshiba with XP Pro SP3. Yes, Avast found that, but in the boot-time program. It is gone now, as I am doing a boot-time scan every time I turn this on for awhile. Until things get resolved. I don't do any kind of networking so I am at a loss why Tosiba all of a sudden put that there.

The xml file that IE wouldn't open is the xml in connection with Avast, so no harm. Although it didn't start showing up until yesterday! I watch my temp files really close. May be a crazy thing, but I need to see if there are any that I don't recognize.

Download done. Waiting for scan to finish.

LOG:

aswMBR version 0.9.9.1649 Copyright© 2011 AVAST Software
Run date: 2012-02-22 22:03:20
-----------------------------
22:03:20.843 OS Version: Windows 5.1.2600 Service Pack 3
22:03:20.843 Number of processors: 1 586 0xE08
22:03:20.921 ComputerName: JANNENGLISH UserName:
22:03:22.578 Initialize success
22:03:24.296 AVAST engine defs: 12022201
22:03:30.187 Disk 0 (boot) \Device\Harddisk0\DR0 -> \Device\Ide\IdeDeviceP0T0L0-3
22:03:30.187 Disk 0 Vendor: FUJITSU_MHV2060BH_PL 00000029 Size: 57231MB BusType: 3
22:03:30.203 Disk 0 MBR read successfully
22:03:30.203 Disk 0 MBR scan
22:03:30.296 Disk 0 Windows XP default MBR code
22:03:30.296 Disk 0 Partition 1 80 (A) 07 HPFS/NTFS NTFS 56925 MB offset 63
22:03:30.328 Disk 0 Partition 2 00 88 Linux plaintext AKr' 305 MB offset 116583705
22:03:30.359 Disk 0 scanning sectors +117210240
22:03:30.421 Disk 0 scanning C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers
22:03:50.750 Service scanning
22:04:15.218 Modules scanning
22:04:28.984 Module: C:\WINDOWS\System32\DLA\DLADResN.SYS **SUSPICIOUS**
22:04:30.312 Disk 0 trace - called modules:
22:04:30.687 ntoskrnl.exe CLASSPNP.SYS disk.sys atapi.sys hal.dll pciide.sys PCIIDEX.SYS
22:04:30.687 1 nt!IofCallDriver -> \Device\Harddisk0\DR0[0x84f54300]
22:04:30.703 3 CLASSPNP.SYS[f7630fd7] -> nt!IofCallDriver -> \Device\Ide\IdeDeviceP0T0L0-3[0x84fd4470]
22:04:31.234 AVAST engine scan C:\WINDOWS
22:04:43.734 AVAST engine scan C:\WINDOWS\system32
22:07:31.890 AVAST engine scan C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers
22:07:50.078 AVAST engine scan C:\Documents and Settings\Jann English
22:20:39.078 AVAST engine scan C:\Documents and Settings\All Users
22:21:18.718 Scan finished successfully
22:24:06.984 Disk 0 MBR has been saved successfully to "C:\Documents and Settings\Jann English\Desktop\MBR.dat"
22:24:07.000 The log file has been saved successfully to "C:\Documents and Settings\Jann English\Desktop\aswMBR.txt

Jann I just noticed the topic line should be uh oh!!!

#4 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,492 posts
  •  

Posted 23 February 2012 - 04:21 PM

I fixed the Title.. One more malware scan,I do not see infection yet.

I'd like us to scan your machine with ESET OnlineScan
  • Hold down Control and click on the following link to open ESET OnlineScan in a new window.
    ESET OnlineScan
  • Click the Posted Image button.
  • For alternate browsers only: (Microsoft Internet Explorer users can skip these steps)
    • Click on Posted Image to download the ESET Smart Installer. Save it to your desktop.
    • Double click on the Posted Image icon on your desktop.
  • Check Posted Image
  • Click the Posted Image button.
  • Accept any security warnings from your browser.
  • Under scan settings, check Posted Image and check Remove found threats
  • Click Advanced settings and select the following:
    • Scan potentially unwanted applications
    • Scan for potentially unsafe applications
    • Enable Anti-Stealth technology
  • ESET will then download updates for itself, install itself, and begin scanning your computer. Please be patient as this can take some time.
  • When the scan completes, push Posted Image
  • Push Posted Image, and save the file to your desktop using a unique name, such as ESETScan. Include the contents of this report in your next reply.
  • Push the Posted Image button.
  • Push Posted Image

NOTE: In some instances if no malware is found there will be no log produced.
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#5 JannEd

JannEd
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 153 posts
  •  

Posted 23 February 2012 - 07:30 PM

WOW!! that took awhile!! No log was generated. I didn't have that Export to text file option. Now, the only thing it found was 1 threat and deleted it. Win32/opencandy application. False positive. What that is is a game on a CD a friend loaned to me to copy to this machine. I didn't install anything from it at all and intend to delete the whole folder. I wanted to put ESET on here because I like it. BUT when I looked at the site, if I wanted to install it, it said to uninstall any other virus program I am using. Not, I love Avast.

Oh, for any future new user of Avast, if you see an exclamation on your tray icon or go into the program and see that it says you are not now fully protected and you know you didn't do anything to cause this, double click on the program, click on Maintenance, then on update program.

What's next here? Hijack this log to see if any of my programs are needing uninstalled? I don't know. I don't know how to read them, that is what I have my guys for!!

Jann

#6 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,492 posts
  •  

Posted 23 February 2012 - 10:01 PM

I would say yes to posting the Hijack log to see iff anything is off track.

You can run ONLY one Antivirus,neaning having it as active protection,running two will cause issues.

#7 JannEd

JannEd
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 153 posts
  •  

Posted 24 February 2012 - 11:45 AM

Here's the hijack log. Thank you for putting the oh in!! I had an interesting thing happen when I booted up this morning. None of my programs would boot and nothing would show up in my task bar. Rebooted, everything loaded, including Avast wanting to Finish the upgrade from two days ago. Let it do its thing, forgot to uncheck Chrome, no problem, won't install that. Now all is well as far as booting up is concerned. Hijack this:

Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v2.0.4
Scan saved at 10:19:45 AM, on 2/24/2012
Platform: Windows XP SP3 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 SP3 (6.00.2900.5512)
Boot mode: Normal

Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\Ati2evxx.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\Ati2evxx.exe
C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE
C:\Program Files\AVAST Software\Avast\afwServ.exe
C:\Program Files\AVAST Software\Avast\AvastSvc.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\acs.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\ArcSoft\Connection Service\Bin\ACService.exe
C:\Program Files\TOSHIBA\ConfigFree\CFSvcs.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\DVDRAMSV.exe
C:\Program Files\Java\jre6\bin\jqs.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\VS7DEBUG\MDM.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
c:\TOSHIBA\IVP\swupdate\swupdtmr.exe
C:\Program Files\TOSHIBA\TOSHIBA Applet\TAPPSRV.exe
C:\Program Files\ATI Technologies\ATI Control Panel\atiptaxx.exe
C:\Program Files\Toshiba\Toshiba Applet\thotkey.exe
C:\Program Files\Synaptics\SynTP\SynTPEnh.exe
C:\WINDOWS\AGRSMMSG.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\TPSMain.exe
C:\Program Files\TOSHIBA\Touch and Launch\PadExe.exe
C:\Program Files\TOSHIBA\TOSHIBA Zooming Utility\SmoothView.exe
C:\Program Files\Synaptics\SynTP\Toshiba.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\dla\DLACTRLW.exe
C:\toshiba\ivp\ism\pinger.exe
C:\Program Files\Toshiba\Tvs\TvsTray.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\TPSBattM.exe
C:\Program Files\TOSHIBA\TOSHIBA Controls\TFncKy.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\TDispVol.exe
C:\WINDOWS\RTHDCPL.EXE
C:\Program Files\National Consumer Panel\NCP Internet Transporter\HSTrans.exe
C:\Program Files\HP\HP Software Update\HPWuSchd2.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\ArcSoft\Connection Service\Bin\ACDaemon.exe
C:\Program Files\QuickTime\qttask.exe
C:\program files\real\realplayer\update\realsched.exe
C:\Program Files\AVAST Software\Avast\avastUI.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Java\Java Update\jusched.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\ArcSoft\Connection Service\Bin\ArcCon.ac
C:\Program Files\TOSHIBA\TOSCDSPD\toscdspd.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exe
C:\Program Files\HP\Digital Imaging\bin\hpqtra08.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\RAMASST.exe
C:\Documents and Settings\Jann English\My Documents\RCA Detective\RCADetective.exe
C:\Program Files\YoWindow 3 Alpha\yowindow.exe
C:\Program Files\HP\Digital Imaging\bin\hpqSTE08.exe
C:\Program Files\HP\Digital Imaging\Product Assistant\bin\hprblog.exe
C:\Documents and Settings\Jann English\Desktop\HijackThis.exe

R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Bar = http://www.toshiba.com/search
R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://www.mail.google.com/
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Page_URL = http://www.toshibadirect.com/dpdstart
O2 - BHO: AcroIEHelperStub - {18DF081C-E8AD-4283-A596-FA578C2EBDC3} - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\Acrobat\ActiveX\AcroIEHelperShim.dll
O2 - BHO: RealPlayer Download and Record Plugin for Internet Explorer - {3049C3E9-B461-4BC5-8870-4C09146192CA} - C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Real\RealPlayer\BrowserRecordPlugin\IE\rpbrowserrecordplugin.dll
O2 - BHO: DriveLetterAccess - {5CA3D70E-1895-11CF-8E15-001234567890} - C:\WINDOWS\System32\DLA\DLASHX_W.DLL
O2 - BHO: Java™ Plug-In SSV Helper - {761497BB-D6F0-462C-B6EB-D4DAF1D92D43} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre6\bin\ssv.dll
O2 - BHO: Java™ Plug-In 2 SSV Helper - {DBC80044-A445-435b-BC74-9C25C1C588A9} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre6\bin\jp2ssv.dll
O2 - BHO: JQSIEStartDetectorImpl - {E7E6F031-17CE-4C07-BC86-EABFE594F69C} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre6\lib\deploy\jqs\ie\jqs_plugin.dll
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ATIPTA] "C:\Program Files\ATI Technologies\ATI Control Panel\atiptaxx.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [THotkey] C:\Program Files\Toshiba\Toshiba Applet\thotkey.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SynTPLpr] C:\Program Files\Synaptics\SynTP\SynTPLpr.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SynTPEnh] C:\Program Files\Synaptics\SynTP\SynTPEnh.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [AGRSMMSG] AGRSMMSG.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [TPSMain] TPSMain.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [PadTouch] C:\Program Files\TOSHIBA\Touch and Launch\PadExe.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SmoothView] C:\Program Files\TOSHIBA\TOSHIBA Zooming Utility\SmoothView.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [dla] C:\WINDOWS\system32\dla\DLACTRLW.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Pinger] c:\toshiba\ivp\ism\pinger.exe /run
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Tvs] C:\Program Files\Toshiba\Tvs\TvsTray.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [TFncKy] TFncKy.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [TDispVol] TDispVol.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [RTHDCPL] RTHDCPL.EXE
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Alcmtr] ALCMTR.EXE
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [UserFaultCheck] %systemroot%\system32\dumprep 0 -u
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [MegaPanel] C:\Program Files\National Consumer Panel\NCP Internet Transporter\HSTrans.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [KernelFaultCheck] %systemroot%\system32\dumprep 0 -k
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [HP Software Update] C:\Program Files\HP\HP Software Update\HPWuSchd2.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ArcSoft Connection Service] C:\Program Files\Common Files\ArcSoft\Connection Service\Bin\ACDaemon.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Adobe ARM] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\ARM\1.0\AdobeARM.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [QuickTime Task] "C:\Program Files\QuickTime\qttask.exe" -atboottime
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [TkBellExe] "C:\program files\real\realplayer\update\realsched.exe" -osboot
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [avast] "C:\Program Files\AVAST Software\Avast\avastUI.exe" /nogui
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SunJavaUpdateSched] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Java\Java Update\jusched.exe"
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [TOSCDSPD] C:\Program Files\TOSHIBA\TOSCDSPD\toscdspd.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [ctfmon.exe] C:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [MSMSGS] "C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe" /background
O4 - Startup: RCA Detective.lnk = C:\Documents and Settings\Jann English\My Documents\RCA Detective\RCADetective.exe
O4 - Startup: YoWindow 3 Alpha.lnk = C:\Program Files\YoWindow 3 Alpha\yowindow.exe
O4 - Global Startup: HP Digital Imaging Monitor.lnk = C:\Program Files\HP\Digital Imaging\bin\hpqtra08.exe
O4 - Global Startup: RAMASST.lnk = C:\WINDOWS\system32\RAMASST.exe
O8 - Extra context menu item: E&xport to Microsoft Excel - res://C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~2\OFFICE11\EXCEL.EXE/3000
O9 - Extra button: Research - {92780B25-18CC-41C8-B9BE-3C9C571A8263} - C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~2\OFFICE11\REFIEBAR.DLL
O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {CD67F990-D8E9-11d2-98FE-00C0F0318AFE} - (no file)
O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {e2e2dd38-d088-4134-82b7-f2ba38496583} - C:\WINDOWS\Network Diagnostic\xpnetdiag.exe
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: @xpsp3res.dll,-20001 - {e2e2dd38-d088-4134-82b7-f2ba38496583} - C:\WINDOWS\Network Diagnostic\xpnetdiag.exe
O9 - Extra button: Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe (file missing)
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Windows Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe (file missing)
O14 - IERESET.INF: START_PAGE_URL=http://www.toshibadirect.com/dpdstart
O16 - DPF: {73ECB3AA-4717-450C-A2AB-D00DAD9EE203} - http://h20270.www2.hp.com/ediags/gmn2/install/HPProductDetection2.cab
O16 - DPF: {E2883E8F-472F-4FB0-9522-AC9BF37916A7} - http://platformdl.adobe.com/NOS/getPlusPlus/1.6/gp.cab
O22 - SharedTaskScheduler: Browseui preloader - {438755C2-A8BA-11D1-B96B-00A0C90312E1} - C:\WINDOWS\system32\browseui.dll
O22 - SharedTaskScheduler: Component Categories cache daemon - {8C7461EF-2B13-11d2-BE35-3078302C2030} - C:\WINDOWS\system32\browseui.dll
O23 - Service: ArcSoft Connect Daemon (ACDaemon) - ArcSoft Inc. - C:\Program Files\Common Files\ArcSoft\Connection Service\Bin\ACService.exe
O23 - Service: Atheros Configuration Service (ACS) - Unknown owner - C:\WINDOWS\system32\acs.exe
O23 - Service: Ati HotKey Poller - ATI Technologies Inc. - C:\WINDOWS\system32\Ati2evxx.exe
O23 - Service: avast! Antivirus - AVAST Software - C:\Program Files\AVAST Software\Avast\AvastSvc.exe
O23 - Service: avast! Firewall - AVAST Software - C:\Program Files\AVAST Software\Avast\afwServ.exe
O23 - Service: ConfigFree Service (CFSvcs) - TOSHIBA CORPORATION - C:\Program Files\TOSHIBA\ConfigFree\CFSvcs.exe
O23 - Service: DVD-RAM_Service - Matsubleepa Electric Industrial Co., Ltd. - C:\WINDOWS\system32\DVDRAMSV.exe
O23 - Service: Google Update Service (gupdate) (gupdate) - Google Inc. - C:\Program Files\Google\Update\GoogleUpdate.exe
O23 - Service: Google Update Service (gupdatem) (gupdatem) - Google Inc. - C:\Program Files\Google\Update\GoogleUpdate.exe
O23 - Service: Java Quick Starter (JavaQuickStarterService) - Sun Microsystems, Inc. - C:\Program Files\Java\jre6\bin\jqs.exe
O23 - Service: Pml Driver HPZ12 - HP - C:\WINDOWS\system32\HPZipm12.exe
O23 - Service: Swupdtmr - Unknown owner - c:\TOSHIBA\IVP\swupdate\swupdtmr.exe
O23 - Service: TOSHIBA Application Service (TAPPSRV) - TOSHIBA Corp. - C:\Program Files\TOSHIBA\TOSHIBA Applet\TAPPSRV.exe

--
End of file - 9163 bytes

#8 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,492 posts
  •  

Posted 24 February 2012 - 01:50 PM

OOPs sorry, I need you to start a new topic and post the HJT here,,, Virus, Trojan, Spyware, and Malware Removal Logs and not in this topic,thanks.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users