Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Dell laptop video drivers

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Igniter

Igniter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:34 PM

Posted 22 February 2012 - 04:56 PM

My Dell laptop Inspiron 1764 with Win 7 limits me on screen resolution.I checked in device manager and there is a caution (Yellow triangle) beside my VGA Controller.

One message says Best driver is up to date.Intel®HD Graphics. When I click resources the it says this device is not using any resources because it has a problem.

I have tried everything on Intel site and on Dell site with no positive results.I'm almost sure the card is incorporated on the motherboard so I can't try changing that to see if it solves the problem.

Any ideas,thoughts or experience with such as this would be appreciated.

Thanks

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 LCS_Tech

LCS_Tech

• Members
  • 105 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:34 AM

Posted 22 February 2012 - 05:49 PM

Hello,

Have you tried uninstalling it from device manager, rebooting the computer, and letting windows go through the "Found New Hardware"? Sometimes drivers get glitched and most of the time that is what works for me.

Next option would be to uninstall it again from device manager but this time checking the box that tells windows to delete the driver and downloading a fresh copy from Dell's website.

If that still doesnt resolve the issue, you may have bigger problems that may require further diagnosis.

Good Luck.

#3 code13

code13

• Members
  • 136 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:34 AM

Posted 22 February 2012 - 06:47 PM

Uninstall the Intel Media Graphics drive in the Control Panel.
Follow what LCS_Tech said about the device manager and then restart computer. If error still occurs-right click and update to latest driver allowing it to search online for it. If it still occurs.
Install and run this link....

http://downloads.dell.com/video/R271008.exe

#4 Igniter

Igniter
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:34 PM

Posted 22 February 2012 - 07:00 PM

Thanks LCS_TECH & CODE 13.

I have done the recommended procedures 3 or 4 times to no avail.Windows tries to update but come back with an error message and the Dell link downloads and installs but doesn't change any thing.Also downloaded the recommended from Intel but also no help.I tried in safe mode and in selective start up also to just see if it changed anything.Each time going thru the uninstall /reinstall.

Maybe I have a hardware problem.Ran the Dell diagnostics and it could not complete the test on the video.

Thanks very much.

#5 LCS_Tech

LCS_Tech

• Members
  • 105 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:34 AM

Posted 23 February 2012 - 10:43 AM

You are welcome, that's what we're here for, to help.

Since the Dell diagnostics has failed on the video test I think we can safely say that there is a hardware failure occurring with your computer. I would backup all your personal data and give Dell a call and setup a warranty repair (if the machine is still under warranty).

Sorry that it's bad news but at least we got it figured out.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users