Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

WINWORD.EXE - possible buffer overflow attack

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 pl1966

pl1966

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:30 PM

Posted 22 February 2012 - 02:12 PM

I keep getting a problem when trying to use Word.

I open a document and get a prompt headed WINWORD.EXE tried to execute shellcode as a result of a possible buffer attack. Application WINWORD.EXE.

The text below goes on to read "This is typical of a buffer overflow attack. COMODO Defense+ has already isolated WINWORD.EXE from the rest of the system and will keep it isolated unless you skip this alert. However, it is strongly recommended to terminate this application and contact its vendor for a fix."

I get the option to skip or terminate. I'm worried about what will happen if I skip. Any advice about how I can resolve this please?

Edit: Moved topic from Windows 7 to the more appropriate forum. ~ Animal

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 pl1966

pl1966
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:30 PM

Posted 22 February 2012 - 02:47 PM

My son has fixed this by skipping.

Edited by pl1966, 22 February 2012 - 02:50 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users