Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

can't install Flash Player

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 lolaeng

lolaeng

• Members
  • 19 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:12 PM

Posted 22 February 2012 - 12:56 PM

Dell OptyPlex PC about 7 years old XP sp3.

When I try to install FP a box pops up informing me "Only a single instance of this can run"

I've run Dell's diagnostics, checkdisk, sfc, malware and spybot, use Norton products, ran numerous programs. I'm virus free and no HD flaws.

I booted in safe mode with internet access and still couldn't install FP. So I've deduced that it must be a driver that is used even in safe mode. Anybody have any ideas which drivers might be the problem?

lola

Edited by hamluis, 23 February 2012 - 03:07 PM.
Moved from Internal Hardware to XP.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 frankp316

frankp316

• Members
  • 2,677 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:12 PM

Posted 22 February 2012 - 06:50 PM

You don't say why you are trying to reinstall Flash but you can't do it anyway. You have to use the Flash uninstall tool at the link below and then install a fresh copy. Don't try to use Add/Remove Programs because it won't work.

http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/141/tn_14157.html

#3 lolaeng

lolaeng
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 19 posts
  •  

Posted 22 February 2012 - 08:03 PM

I've used the uninstaller downloaded from Adobe. Same problem. I have to reinstall because it quit working. Had a bit of a crash.

#4 frankp316

frankp316

• Members
  • 2,677 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:12 PM

Posted 23 February 2012 - 05:40 AM

I saw your other post. You have bigger problems you need to deal with.

#5 lolaeng

lolaeng
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 19 posts
  •  

Posted 23 February 2012 - 01:58 PM

Fortunately, somebody here at bleepingcomputer.com offered better information and help. Combofix.exe solved my FP problem. Unfortunately, the other problems remain.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users